Gear s2 notifications bug

nickking92

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have a bug
My gear s2 won't go past manage notifications. When I click it on the watch it opens Samsung gear and I have a list of manage notification apps to select, when I clicked done nothing happens on the watch, it still says manage notifications. It worked normally before I accidentally deleted gear s2 app.
I tried light reset, factory reset, reboot didn't helped, turning of and on permissions and notifications on the phone didn't helped.

Last edited:

Blademj0000

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Luckily for you you're not the only one having this problem... i haven't been receiving notifications like normal when the "manage notifications" screen on the gear s2 started appearing. All my notifications appear on my phone but it won't show up on my watch. I hope samsung will respond to this bug quickly.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Having problems as well. Did a full reset and no luck. Haven't had notifications for over a week. :(

Posted via the Android Central App

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Started having this problem after their last update. This is why I hate updates, worked perfect till the update. I have gotten it to work if I do full reset on watch and clear the cache on the gear manager app on the phone, but it's temporary and doesn't always work and besides, who wants to do that all the time.

Thanks Samsung for breaking my watch.

Bermuda_Man

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem after the last update. Notifications were sporadic at best and then quit working altogether. Like others have said, I reset the watch, cleared the Gear app cache, even unpaired the phone & watch removed the app & started over from scratch. No luck.

As a last resort I wiped the phone's partition cache and boom, notifications are working correctly again. Still don't have the update features, but I have my notifications back.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem after the last update. Notifications were sporadic at best and then quit working altogether. Like others have said, I reset the watch, cleared the Gear app cache, even unpaired the phone & watch removed the app & started over from scratch. No luck.

As a last resort I wiped the phone's partition cache and boom, notifications are working correctly again. Still don't have the update features, but I have my notifications back.
wish that worked for me

Bermuda_Man

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

UPDATE: Wiping the partition cache only worked for about 2 days and then I was back in the same situation again with no notifications. I got tired of trying to figure it out and contacted Samsung support. After several tests they had me return the watch under warranty for further testing and repair. Turns out the touch pad was failing.

They replaced the LCD and it's been working correctly for almost a week now. Hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself...

Hope this helps the rest of you.

nickking92

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Bug solved:
Well, for me all of a sudden started working normally after one more full reset. :) thanks everyone for help

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz