So now that Sammy is closing Milk Music in September do we have any streaming music options for Gear S2?
    08-24-2016 09:18 PM
    So now that Sammy is closing Milk Music in September do we have any streaming music options for Gear S2?
    Nothing that I can find right now. I'm holding out hope that they release a Spotify app like they have for the Gear Fit 2 since they have a partnership with them and the press release saying Milk was discontinued focused on their desire to use partnerships instead of their own services. Not optimistic though.
    08-25-2016 08:50 PM
    I got the Gear S2 primarily to stream music while at the gym and still have access to the phone through the tmobile network. Surprising that their isn't an option out there. Even with the Milk app.. you couldn't actually stream music playlists with your phone turned off right?
    08-25-2016 11:51 PM
    Ok.. revisit here. So if you get an app called music match, it will sync your google music playlists to your watch and allow you to listen. Bada bing! Its not technically streaming, but it is giving your watch access to streamed music. Not as simple as finding a playlist and clicking play.. but it is the next best thing IMO until streaming is available.
    Jimmy Bernstein likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:08 AM
    The key for me is streaming music I have not purchased. The music "downloaded" as part of the monthly Spotify (or other) subscription cannot be streamed to the S2. That is what has kept me from getting the 3G/4G version and just using the Bluetooth version. I still have to take my phone with me when I exercise, so I do not feel the need for the 3G/4G version. Also AT&T charges $10 a month for it -- stupid.
    08-26-2016 10:01 AM
    Also, it will be interesting to see what is announced next week for the next generation Gear.
    08-26-2016 10:02 AM
    I checked it out on Google Play and a lot of reviews state problems with it and the developers are no longer active. Are you using the free version or paid? Does it work reliably? So I can add songs using my paid Google Music streaming account to the Gear S2 to play them only using the watch?
    08-29-2016 09:17 PM
    Well, Spotify was announced as a streaming service for the S2 and S3 today. So now I guess it's just a waiting game for either the app, or the update that contains it.
    08-31-2016 02:52 PM
    Did the event say if we will be able to stream Spotify from the S2 while not connected to the phone? I would be cool if you can use the app the way it worked with Milk Music - where you didn't even need a subscription. I just subscribed to Google Play Music so now I am wondering if I should switch to Spotify.
    08-31-2016 06:57 PM
    Did the event say if we will be able to stream Spotify from the S2 while not connected to the phone? I would be cool if you can use the app the way it worked with Milk Music - where you didn't even need a subscription. I just subscribed to Google Play Music so now I am wondering if I should switch to Spotify.
    Yes, as long as you have the watch on wifi or if you have the 3g version.
    08-31-2016 08:58 PM
    Do you have a link to anything that reports this? I literally just bought a gear s2 and if mobile streaming is no longer available I'm planning on returning it
    09-20-2016 07:22 PM
    Do you have a link to anything that reports this? I literally just bought a gear s2 and if mobile streaming is no longer available I'm planning on returning it
    http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-s3
    09-20-2016 07:44 PM