Just wondering people's thoughts. One problem I have with the Gear S is locking on the charger is a PITA, and I'm always worried I'm going to snap off the hooks. Also, even if I get a Verizon one(my Gear S is ATT cause it was cheap), I highly doubt I'd ever get a "plan" for it because if I'm out, I have my phone. Also, is the cellular version the only one that, even if not on a plan, that can recieve phone calls? Like I said, my ATT Gear S isn't on a plan, but when connected to my phone, being able to make and recieve calls is awesome, just wondering if, even when connected to my phone via BT, the Gear S2 non-branded version has the same functionality?
    09-07-2016 09:05 PM
    You can take a call on the S2 via bluetooth from your phone, but only the 3G models have a speaker, so you'd have to have a BT headset connected or use your phone's speaker...which would rather defeat the point of making/taking calls on your watch, at least IMO.

Getting the speaker was the only reason I got the 3G model. Which also means you wait extra long to get updates since they have to go through the carrier. I'm still waiting for the July update.
    09-10-2016 08:42 PM
    Why not get the new Gear S3?
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-11-2016 05:41 AM
    I've been using the Gear S2 from T-Mobile using the Pip-Boy watch face and haven't had any problems. I'm loving the watch. I don't see the need to upgrade.
    09-11-2016 07:43 PM
    Why not get the new Gear S3?
    I kind of agree with this thought. I have both S and S2. The only reason I have the S2 is the PITA charging port that broke. I actually like the S better but it is what it is. I was able to get a deal on the S2 and that is what I am now using. I am anxious to see what the S3 will have to offer.

Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier Smartwatch | Samsung US
    09-11-2016 09:58 PM