Email Notifications

ThatGuy2

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a Gear S2 (non-3G) connected to a Verizon Galaxy S6 and my email notifications on the watch are showing 38 unread messages. These have been read, either on the phone or on the computer, but won't clear from the watch. Any way to mark all these unread or make them sync both directions so they clear when read elsewhere? Thanks!

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock Samsung email client on the phone? If so, they're supposed to sync (if not, they won't), but you're right, my watch says I have more unread email than my phone or outlook (which match). I just deleted a bunch of emails though, so I don't know how long it will take the watch to figure it out. I've never really paid attention to this (how often they sync up or if they agree). I just checked again and the number on the watch is dropping but they still don't agree. My outlook and phone didn't agree either in one case (outlook said I had one email read that the phone showed as unread in an IMAP account).

Looks like a bug, because when I delete emails from the watch they delete on the phone, so there's definitely communication happening, but the unread count is wrong. I wonder if there's a pattern to it, like emails that get deleted from the phone when the watch is out of range (or standalone for us 3g users) that become orphaned on the watch.

ThatGuy2

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I do use the stock Samsung email client and it is syncing my gmail and exchange accounts. The exchange account seems to be working properly but the gmail isn't syncing read/unread. It will sync deleted emails. It has to be a bug in the system somewhere. It's not a huge issue but definitely annoying.