Voice Input problem with Gear S2 Classic, Please Help!

mssaleh5

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I've recently purchased Gear S2 Classic, updated to the latest firmware and smartphone apps/plugin/service.

I am facing a strange problem with voice recognition. S-Voice App on the watch works 100% perfectly, and can easily recognize and transcript my voice. However, in all other apps, when I try to use voice input (like when I reply to a message), nothing happens! as if I am not even talking. The problem also happens in Voice Memo app on the watch, where I can record my voice but the option to convert my voice to text doesn't work. I checked the audio recording quality on my smartphone and it was fine and clear. The watch's microphone is working alright, but for some reason anything except S Voice App cannot use voice-to-text input.

To recap: The problem is NOT S-Voice. it's voice input (which may rely on S-Voice, I know). But S-Voice app itself on the watch is working just fine all the time. My issue is limited to using voice input (voice-to-text) in other apps.

As for the internet connection. I tried both 4G and WiFi (24Mbps broadband), through Bluetooth and also directly connected the watch to home WiFi.

Any idea? Please Help!

My devices info:
Gear S2 Classic: firmware DPFB / Language: English UK
Samsung Gear v2.2.16070451
Gear Plugin v2.2.03.16082251
Samsung Accessory Service v3.0.24_160630
SASystemProviders v2.3.99

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've recently purchased Gear S2 Classic, updated to the latest firmware and smartphone apps/plugin/service.

I am facing a strange problem with voice recognition. S-Voice App on the watch works 100% perfectly, and can easily recognize and transcript my voice. However, in all other apps, when I try to use voice input (like when I reply to a message), nothing happens! as if I am not even talking. The problem also happens in Voice Memo app on the watch, where I can record my voice but the option to convert my voice to text doesn't work. I checked the audio recording quality on my smartphone and it was fine and clear. The watch's microphone is working alright, but for some reason anything except S Voice App cannot use voice-to-text input.

To recap: The problem is NOT S-Voice. it's voice input (which may rely on S-Voice, I know). But S-Voice app itself on the watch is working just fine all the time. My issue is limited to using voice input (voice-to-text) in other apps.

As for the internet connection. I tried both 4G and WiFi (24Mbps broadband), through Bluetooth and also directly connected the watch to home WiFi.

Any idea? Please Help!

My devices info:
Gear S2 Classic: firmware DPFB / Language: English UK
Samsung Gear v2.2.16070451
Gear Plugin v2.2.03.16082251
Samsung Accessory Service v3.0.24_160630
SASystemProviders v2.3.99

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever get it to work?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
What worked for me was changing to English UK. I'm in the U.S. but this seemed to correct the problem.

This is exactly what Samsung instructed me to do, but it did not fix the issue.

It's very odd that S Voice works, but voice to text inside the SMS app will not. Samsung determined it was a defective device and created a ticket for me to mail it to them for repair. Screw that, because they want to keep it for a minimum of 2 weeks. I called Verizon and they're sending me a replacement with return label to ship the old one back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12