Alright Samsung, battery drain due to notifications needs to be fixed!!

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that there is one thing that causes battery drain that a lot of people are not talking about:

Notifications

So, if I have a busy day of texting, I notice that my battery on my Gear is drained a LOT more than days I do not have a lot of texting (this goes for other apps that I have set to send notifications to my Gear).

What really gets me is that Samsung will allow pretty much ANY APP to add itself to the Gear Notification without even asking. Forcing us to OPT OUT. Sometimes, when apps get updates, they go back on the list as able to send notifications.

I have to constantly go into my app and OPT OUT of notifications to my Gear for apps I don't want to hear from on my wrist.

To me, this is a REALLY poor way of doing things. Features like this should be OPT IN so the user can have true customization capabilities of their devices. Last thing I need is for someone to turn things on that impact my battery performance.

[/rant]

Thanks for reading... if you got this far. :-*

bohwat

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Alright Samsung, THIS needs to be fixed!!

aren't you able to turn off notifications that you don't want ?
anyway don't hold your breath, i guess samsung got more troublesome matter in hand right now

yay i got this far

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

aren't you able to turn off notifications that you don't want ?
anyway don't hold your breath, i guess samsung got more troublesome matter in hand right now

yay i got this far

Yeah, you can, but you should not have too for every app you install and some apps after they update. I REALLY don't care if I have full lives again on a game I am playing (some may, but not me). I feel it is a bad decision to just let apps allow themselves to do this.

I know this is a losing battle, but I just had to get it off my chest. LOL!

bohwat

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

I know this is a losing battle

nah, lots of people complaining about this so i think it just needs some time.
if they can introduce the new privacy settings, why not also notification - apple..ahem !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair