Gear s2 just not working

A

AC Question

Received the gear 2 yesterday as a gift and boy o boy was I excited...until...

Its connected bluetooth to my s7 note and when it is my phone nor the gear will receive calls.
My phone does not ring at all when connected. Unbeknownst to me several people were trying to contact me and the phone or watch never rang.
I sat there with a friend and listened to my voicemail (from their speakerphone) come on after repeated times of making a call and we were sitting side by side.
I dont even get a missed call notification on the gear.
My notifications for the gear has my incoming calls and missed calls checked. Along with a few other things checked to notify me.

I dont know what else to do besides take it back unless you all can help.
Please help me get this watch together. I really had it up to my eyebrows with Samsung's prosucts
Side note I've done that rebooting step.

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm really thinking of selling my s2. It's just a glorified notification device. The weather never updates, the heart rate rarely updates, there's no apps, Samsung doesn't seem to care about it, and they lied about Samsung pay.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't know what to say. I love my Gear s2 and Gear S. They are just watches that do a little more.
I always tell my friends if they don't already wear a watch every day not to waste their money.
I have always loved my watches even before they were "smart". I just enjoy them way more now.
Can't wait for the S3.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm thrilled by everything but the support for running apps. Since Nike+ updated to Nike+ Run Club, S Health is the only option. Thank goodness I can at least set it to sync data with Strava. It was driving me crazy only being able to view my run data on my phone in S Health. But other than that, I'm pretty happy with the watch.

I did go through a period where I switched to Textra just after my iPhone friends updated to ios10 and discovered they could send GIFs. Textra does that much better than Samsung's default messaging app. However, whenever my watch would disconnect from my phone due to distance, it would automatically start synching all the old messages it didn't get because I had unchecked the option to sync messages from the default app. My watch would constantly alert me to days old texts. I just went back to the default app and everything seems back to normal.