Anyone with AT&T version of S2 3G successfully add a card to Samsung Pay Beta?

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just as the T-Mobile users have been receiving, I got the Samsung Pay Beta install notification, and have successfully installed SP on both my Note 4 (AT&T, but using Cricketwireless) and S2. On the watch, I can press & hold the back button & SP pops up, and the SP app appears to be fully functional on the phone.

However, no matter how many times I try, I get a "can't connect to server" fail when I enter in my card data in Samsung Pay.

Here's the status of my Note 4
Wifi: Active, and connected
Background Data: Enabled
Not encrypted
Freshly rebooted and wiped cache partition
Active connection to the Cricketwireless network

Any suggestions?

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I successfully added my AmEx card (the same one I already added to the existing SP app on my phone - each device is treated separately somehow).

I did have to update a bunch of stuff, including the Gear and Quick Connect apps on the phone, but then everything went smoothly.

So nice to finally have SP on my 3G S2 Classic!!! :D

This is directly with at&t, BTW - your issue may have something to do with Cricket.

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I successfully added my AmEx card (the same one I already added to the existing SP app on my phone - each device is treated separately somehow).

I did have to update a bunch of stuff, including the Gear and Quick Connect apps on the phone, but then everything went smoothly.

So nice to finally have SP on my 3G S2 Classic!!! :D

This is directly with at&t, BTW - your issue may have something to do with Cricket.

I thought that might be a problem, too. So, using the AT&T SIM I kept, I went through the process of adding a new card, while using the AT&T SIM - same result.

bksalt

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I added SP to my s6 on BoostMoble worked like a charm added my cards will try to pay with my gear s2 this afternoon. any one successful using this to pay?

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Update & happy ending to this thread:
After talking to Samsung Pay support, I was asked to send in my Gear S2 3G to the closest services center, which I did last week. Today, I received the watch back & after inputting my card info and thinking the card validation process would fail again - IT WORKED! Shocking. I now have my card info successfully added to my AT&T Gear S2 3G (non-provisioned as I'm using it on the Cricketwireless network without a phone number).

Just thought I'd pass along a successful Samsung repair story. Also, I was pleased to discover that phone calls to Samsung Pay were always picked up by a human within 2 minutes at most. Again, a pleasant surprise.

crp

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma