I bought the Samsung Gear S2 mostly to use in standalone mode. Making calls and texts when away from your phone is pretty magical, but that's about all that works well. Most of the apps require BT tethering to not only get setup but to work at all. That's forgivable for apps like ESPN, but there's one app I need to be always perfectly up to date:

Calendars

Am I right to expect this to update in standalone mode? Is there something I'm missing?
    10-17-2016 08:25 AM
    I think you would need to be in remote connection mode for apps like calendar and email to update, since the watch apps aren't (to my knowledge) full-fledged client apps. If you have a Samsung phone, run it in remote connection mode and it should work (and you can still make and receive calls and texts using your watch number). I never use standalone mode though, so I may be wrong.
    10-17-2016 11:05 AM
    I think you're right but that stinks. I turn off my phone a lot and tend to run out of battery on it. Plus, it's not a Samsung (Nexus 5x).
    10-17-2016 03:49 PM
    I don't generally recommend Samsung watches to friends that don't have Samsung phones. But for those that do, the experience IMO is vastly superior to Android Wear. My Huawei has been sitting on my desk for months and I wear the Gear S2 every day and night.
    10-17-2016 11:55 PM