s3 software update for the S2

Midday Merlin

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Beware. Updated last night 7/12 & now my watch won't start? Started once, showing low battery even though was 87% when starting update. Won't charge - just cycles through light colours on base. Wait!!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
So would you say to stay away from the T-mobile one? I have seen them very cheap. I was just about to pull the trigger on one, but wouldn't activate the cellular service (I'm on Cricket).

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
So speaking with Samsung. They are claiming that they don't even have a new software version for the watches not connected to carriers. That carrier based watches will get the update when the carrier pushes it out.

vincehny

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So speaking with Samsung. They are claiming that they don't even have a new software version for the watches not connected to carriers. That carrier based watches will get the update when the carrier pushes it out.

So ever since they announced this software update, I have been manually checking every day. So I just checked and I was pleasantly surprised when it said I had a download waiting to be installed. I just downloaded the latest software a few moments ago. I have the BT/WiFi S2 Classic. I'm in California by the way.

Attachments

• 2319.jpg
    2319.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Bermuda_Man

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Also did the manual check for updates today and found it waiting. Have the non-carrier S2 Classic in AL.
Software version R732XXU2EPK5. Watch also now reports the Tizen version, 2.3.2.1.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So would you say to stay away from the T-mobile one? I have seen them very cheap. I was just about to pull the trigger on one, but wouldn't activate the cellular service (I'm on Cricket).

If you want a watch with the latest firmware then yes, stay away from T-Mobile. If you want a nice watch with the cheapest plan, then go with T-Mobile

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar