Two updates ago my S2 stopped acknowledging different e-mail notifications between e-mail accounts. It is either all or nothing.
    So if you have a spam account on your phone the S2 is paired with along with work, personal, etc.....you can no longer check just one of those accounts and say just notify on this.

So the phone notification system still respects your e-mail notification settings but the S2 Samsung Gear software notifications section (although you still get the popups that SAYS you have accounts with notifications turned on) . Since this was something that WORKED and is now broke, does anyone know if Samsung has acknowledged this? Seems like this would affect a lot of people.

BJB1
    12-12-2016 11:23 AM
    There has been a gear update since this post but still the same issue. Even though I only want and get notifications on my phone for one of my 3 Email accounts on my S7 stock Samsung email app, my S2 since early November gets them for ALL email accounts if I turn on email notifications in the gear software.

Is there any workaround or hope for a fix? Surely there are users out there using S7 stock email with an S2?
    BJB1
    12-21-2016 03:43 PM
    So here is the solution....before I just chose notifications in the email account and then if an account was OFF there, it was OFF on the S2. However I found this item:
    Gear S2 - How can I use the Email application on my Samsung Gear S2?

Which shows how you (I think it is new never did before?) go into apps and e-mail and there are sliders for each email account vs. just managing it from notifications which I did before.

I know an update changed this on my S2 and hopefully this helps someone else.

BJB1
    01-06-2017 02:44 PM
    Feel like I am having a conversation with myself but I am posting in case this helps someone else......this is still broke.

Although there are now separate notification alerts a) in the Samsung stock email app itself, and b) In the Samsung Gear app under apps>email , and c) under Samsung gear app under a global setting under notifications>e-mail....I still am getting S2 watch notifications from an exchange e-mail account that is turned OFF for notifications on both a) and b) as described above.

Further, it is inconsistent. I could get 20 unread e-mails on the exchange account and I will get an alert for 1.....or 5.....on the watch.

Only option is to turn c) off and get NO e-mail notifications from any e-mail.

I have two pop 3 e-mails and one exchange e-mail account....
    BJB1
    01-09-2017 08:17 AM
    This was fixed for months on my S7.....I have had a Note 8 since the release and this week we got a Samsung gear update for my S2 and after the Note 8 Oreo update this issue is back! Same as it was months ago on my S7. My email notifications are set such that my high volume email account does not send notifications and my other two do. Up until this week my S2 and note 8 both reflected that. But now, the phone still is same but S2 is sending watch notifications for all 3 accounts. And when you go into the gear software on the phone and hit email notifications, it frustratingly says I only have notifications on for 2 of 3 accounts, but it no longer takes you to email settings.

Why did they break something that was finally fixed? Well I at have that fancy new weather widget on my S2 but I will have to turn off all email notifications.

Hopefully this is a "known issue" with the update.
    BJB1
    04-06-2018 05:42 PM
    Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone else with an S to use multiple email account notifications?
    BJB1
    04-13-2018 06:07 PM
    Thought I would update myself . Apparently this does not bother others with multiple email accounts.....but over 3 phones this worked, then gear update broke, then worked and on note 8 now does not work.

Just had 2 s2 gear updates over the past month or so. Neither fixed. If email notifications are on in gear, all email accounts get pushed to watch. It ignores notification settings in email app by account which it should follow....and in face gear app tries to send you to. But that link now broke too. Does anyone test this?

BJB1
    05-25-2018 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD