Getting my S2 replaced thru warranty...

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had to replace their S2 due to overheating? Mine has begun overheating so bad that it warped the rubber part under the bezel to the point it won't even turn.

I took it to an AT&T store.. Had the actual Samsung representative (who just happened to be at the store) call Samsung for me.. And got them to say they'd send me a new watch and I could send this one back.. I thought this was great. Well that is where the great stopped.. It has been nothing but a headache since then.. They want me to send watch back.. Let them look at it.. Run diagnostics.. And then try to repair it...and they said this could take almost 2 weeks if not longer.

My question is.. Does this sound right to people.. Has anyone gone thru this.. I'm frustrated :(

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My s2 overheated after having maybe 5 months. I went to tmobile for warranty replacement. They order those in. They gave me the gear s3frontier as the replacement and I love it. No extra 😉

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you! AT&T said they can't do a tying.. So I'm having to to go thru Samsung and though I love Samsung stuff and been loyal for many years thru multiple phones tablets watches TV home theatre stuff.. I'm beyond annoyed with the current situation.

douglasfamily

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I've sent mine in twice. Both times they were good to me. This last one was sent in for a speaker next thing I know I have a new LCD screen also. No more scratches. They'll 2 day air it both ways free of charge. You may not get a brand new watch but they will repair everything wrong with it free of charge. Just make sure to follow instructions so their able to process it.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else had to replace their S2 due to overheating? Mine has begun overheating so bad that it warped the rubber part under the bezel to the point it won't even turn.

I took it to an AT&T store.. Had the actual Samsung representative (who just happened to be at the store) call Samsung for me.. And got them to say they'd send me a new watch and I could send this one back.. I thought this was great. Well that is where the great stopped.. It has been nothing but a headache since then.. They want me to send watch back.. Let them look at it.. Run diagnostics.. And then try to repair it...and they said this could take almost 2 weeks if not longer.

My question is.. Does this sound right to people.. Has anyone gone thru this.. I'm frustrated :(

Yes, Samsung rarely, if ever, agrees to replace a unit with a new one. They will try their best to repair before resorting to hanging out a brand new device.

Luckily, Verizon has their own exchange program where, if the product is still under the manufacturer warranty, they will replace the device. In fact, they mail the item to you, allow you to set up at home, and then you use the box and prepaid return label to ship the defective device to them. Technically you get a "certified like new," product, but I've exchanged an S7 Edge and more recently a Gear S2 and both replacements were in fact like new.

douglasfamily

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Samsung rarely, if ever, agrees to replace a unit with a new one. They will try their best to repair before resorting to hanging out a brand new device.

Luckily, Verizon has their own exchange program where, if the product is still under the manufacturer warranty, they will replace the device. In fact, they mail the item to you, allow you to set up at home, and then you use the box and prepaid return label to ship the defective device to them. Technically you get a "certified like new," product, but I've exchanged an S7 Edge and more recently a Gear S2 and both replacements were in fact like new.
When you dealt with Verizon, was it in-store or over the phone? I went in-store for gear s2 warranty and they had me deal with Samsung.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For tmobile I went in store, they checked out my defective s2, then ordered the replacement (in this case they said I was getting the certified used Gear S3 Frontier), I kept the defective device until the replacement came in a couple days later. I went into the store again then and gave them the bad one for the replacement One

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
When you dealt with Verizon, was it in-store or over the phone? I went in-store for gear s2 warranty and they had me deal with Samsung.

The S7 Edge was in the store, but I showed them that I had already been to the Samsung experience store inside Best Buy and that Samsung has declared the unit was faulty.

For the watch, I started the same process, but then ended up calling tech support and explained I had a ticket to ship the device to Samsung, but would like to exchange through Verizon. I should add that they exchanged because I had a line of service on the Gear S2. If I didn't have it activated and on my plan, they would have made me deal through Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac