Gear S2 battery draining

Radec1109

Dec 20, 2018
Visit site
I recently purchased a used S2 and have noticed the battery drains after just a few hours. Through the gear app on my phone, Samsung Health and Watch faces use the most battery. I have gone through some other forums already, but there doesn't appear to be an exact fix, nor does it look like people are seeing these two apps cause the problem.

I have deleted unused watch faces and apps, turned off WiFi, mobile network, and NFC(watch only connected to phone via Bluetooth)

Under the Samsung health settings, I have turned off all workout detection, and set measure heart rate to every hour.

Brightness at 5, and auto low brightness is on.

Some of these settings were applied AFTER I did a hard reset of the watch (using the buttons and using recovery mode). Some of these settings were already turned on before I reset the device.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I missing something? Does the battery simply need to be replaced?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be the battery - draining it to 0 every day for a month could kill it, and you don't know how it was treated before you got it (Unused watch faces and unused apps don't affect the battery.) .The screen should be blank until you need it. Even running it dim constantly is a big battery drain.

Radec1109

Dec 20, 2018
Visit site
I have turned off the wake up gesture, so I have to physically press one of the buttons to turn the screen on.

I could look at getting a battery replacement, but I have also seen on another thread about disabling notifications for Samsung health, and that worked for some people, so I'll try that first.

I also reached out to Samsung, told them what I have done so far, and they said make sure its updated, do a factory reset, and if it still has the issue, I have to send it in for repair, which I don't think is worth it since I purchased this used, and I feel like the only thing they would do is replace the battery which I could do myself.

19sparky82

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Try turning on airplane mode as well, BT to phone will have to be restated. I have been getting a couple of days on a single charge. I have also deleted all watch faces like CNN that try to retreive data w/o being the default face. Good luck.

flucia

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Every once and awhile my battery drains quickly, it seems like it happens after an update. When I see it I power off the watch and then power it back on and guess what, the battery lasts all day again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21