Why is my Samsung gear s2 suddenly draining in less than 4 hours.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have always gotten 24 to 36 hours from a full charge until two days ago. Now it drains in less than 4 hours. I noted that it dropped 20% in 30 minutes after picking it up off charger and that it dies after putting it on the charger. (Ie: the battery is draining faster than it can charge. Once it turns off it can charge.) I made no updates to it. I checked for updates and it said it was up to date. (Because it automatically updates - so I wouldn't know if/when it updated)

I feel like this is samsung trying to force people to upgrade to a new watch. I have loved this watch, I use it to track my health metrics and recieve text and phone alerts while working. If there is no fix, what are the bare minimum settings I should try in order to keep that functionality. And get 8-10 hours from the battery.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have found that if I use the Galaxy Wearable app on phone it drains my watch battery much faster than normal. What I end up doing is force closing the app.

flucia

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Have seen that once and a while and it seems to happen after some updates, to what I don't know, but I restart the watch and it is back to normal.