11-25-2016 01:26 PM
28 12
tools
    Got up this morning and was excited to find a Samsung Gear update which included Samsung Pay. Went to my watch and Samsung Pay is there but that's where the good news stopped.. When I hold the back button on the S3 to activate Samsung Pay it indicates to check the phone (which in my case is a Pixel) and the phone indicates: "Installation failed. Try again later." I've tried restarting the S3 and Pixel but it's still a no go.. Curious to find out if it is an issue for all non Samsung phones or Pixel's, V20's or just mine...
    11-24-2016 06:23 AM
    I got the same message!🤔
    11-24-2016 06:59 AM
    Well samsung promised that you can use the Samsung Pay feature on the Gear S3 without Samsung phones. On this thanksgiving day they delivered. Check it out!

11-24-2016 07:58 AM
    Once the app is updated you have to initiate the process on your watch. Then just follow the prompts. I've completed the setup and will be heading out to attempt using it shortly. I'll report back in about an hour
    11-24-2016 08:01 AM
    I have it installed and working on my LG V20. Probably won't get to test it out today though.
    11-24-2016 08:04 AM
    Mine is all set up with my Z Play. Looking forward to using it on black Friday.
    11-24-2016 08:06 AM
    I'm going to have to find somewhere to test it today. Can't wait till tomorrow.
    11-24-2016 09:03 AM
    Wonder if the problem with Pixel's not working is that we're running Nougat 7.1 and the V20's are on 7.0 ?
    daves221 likes this.
    11-24-2016 09:25 AM
    Nice! Got it working with no issues on my V20. This is definitely a game changer to let people experience the awesomeness of Samsung Pay without a Samsung device.
    11-24-2016 09:42 AM
    That's great news. Was wondering what the new update was about 😊
    11-24-2016 11:06 AM
    Got up this morning and was excited to find a Samsung Gear update which included Samsung Pay. Went to my watch and Samsung Pay is there but that's where the good news stopped.. When I hold the back button on the S3 to activate Samsung Pay it indicates to check the phone (which in my case is a Pixel) and the phone indicates: "Installation failed. Try again later." I've tried restarting the S3 and Pixel but it's still a no go.. Curious to find out if it is an issue for all non Samsung phones or Pixel's, V20's or just mine...
    Same issue here. Pixel XL
    11-24-2016 12:29 PM
    Well I just verified that NFC functionality works.
    11-24-2016 12:37 PM
    Just used MST at Stater Bros and it worked great. Using with a Moto Z Play.
    11-24-2016 12:45 PM
    For those of you using a non samsung phone, do you have any offers showing on the promotions page? After installing and getting it running on my V20, it says there are no current promotions.

On my wifes S7 there are several ongoing promotional offers thst are active right now.

A lot of the incentive to use samsung pay kinda goes out the door if that is the case.
    11-24-2016 12:56 PM
    For those of you using a non samsung phone, do you have any offers showing on the promotions page? After installing and getting it running on my V20, it says there are no current promotions.

On my wifes S7 there are several ongoing promotional offers thst are active right now.

A lot of the incentive to use samsung pay kinda goes out the door if that is the case.
    Nothing showing up on promotions at this point. Perhaps that will be the next step.
    11-24-2016 01:21 PM
    Tested at a self checkout in the local grocery store. Worked perfectly.
    11B1P likes this.
    11-24-2016 01:22 PM
    Yup works lovely with no issues.
    11-24-2016 02:28 PM
    Well samsung promised that you can use the Samsung Pay feature on the Gear S3 without Samsung phones. On this thanksgiving day they delivered. Check it out!

What about the iPhone? I heard that the Gear S3 is or will be compatible with iOS. It would be great to be able to use the Gear S3 with the iPhone and to be able to use Samsung Pay.
    11-24-2016 02:34 PM
    I am using the Gear S3 paired to my iPhone but of course it has limitations. I can get notifications but can not respond to from the watch. Also the notifications are a sec or two delayed. My iPhone lights up with the notification and then pops over to the watch. Also. When I initially paired the 2 together, I could only get text when the came via SMS. But I was pairing a wireless speaker and saw the S3 popped up again I selected it and have been getting iMessage notifications ever since. Also the app sucks but it's a beta leak so the expectation shouldn't be that high to begin with.
    11-24-2016 07:51 PM
    I am using the Gear S3 paired to my iPhone but of course it has limitations. I can get notifications but can not respond to from the watch. Also the notifications are a sec or two delayed. My iPhone lights up with the notification and then pops over to the watch. Also. When I initially paired the 2 together, I could only get text when the came via SMS. But I was pairing a wireless speaker and saw the S3 popped up again I selected it and have been getting iMessage notifications ever since. Also the app sucks but it's a beta leak so the expectation shouldn't be that high to begin with.
    So the Gear S3 does work with the iPhone? I'm guessing that means the Gear S3 is or will be compatible with iOS? What iPhone do you have? I'm wondering if Samsung Pay will work on the Gear S3 if it's synced to a non-Samsung phone like the iPhone. I'm hoping that Samsung makes this happen. I mean if you look at the video above you can see Samsung Pay on the LG V20. I would think that they would make the Gear S3 compatible with iOS and make it possible to use Samsung Pay on the Gear S3 while the Gear S3 is synced to the iPhone. Hopefully Samsung releases the final version soon.
    11-24-2016 08:40 PM
    So the Gear S3 does work with the iPhone? I'm guessing that means the Gear S3 is or will be compatible with iOS? What iPhone do you have? I'm wondering if Samsung Pay will work on the Gear S3 if it's synced to a non-Samsung phone like the iPhone. I'm hoping that Samsung makes this happen. I mean if you look at the video above you can see Samsung Pay on the LG V20. I would think that they would make the Gear S3 compatible with iOS and make it possible to use Samsung Pay on the Gear S3 while the Gear S3 is synced to the iPhone. Hopefully Samsung releases the final version soon.
    Yes. I does work on the iPhone (With Limits) One of those limits being no Samsung Pay. I believe you need and android or one of the Samsung phones.

Currently I haven't set to a 6 and 6+
    11-24-2016 09:13 PM
    Nexus 6p on 7.1.1. Doesn't work for me either
    11-24-2016 10:36 PM
    Yes. I does work on the iPhone (With Limits) One of those limits being no Samsung Pay. I believe you need and android or one of the Samsung phones.

Currently I haven't set to a 6 and 6+
    Samsung Pay is on the Gear S3 so I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to use Samsung Pay on the Gear S3 if the Gear S3 is synced/paired to an iPhone. Like you said....it works but with limits and it's the beta version so maybe Samsung Pay will work on the Gear S3 when the final version is released.
    TGuy likes this.
    11-24-2016 10:45 PM
    One can only hope that will be the outcome. The App Store is limited too. Their it doesn't show much and some of what it does show won't open. I hope apple plays nice. If not, I'm moving over to the free world soon.
    11-25-2016 02:18 AM
    Nexus 6p on 7.1.1. Doesn't work for me either
    It appears if we're running 7.1 or above it won't work --- hopefully Samsung will get all of us an update soon!
    11-25-2016 06:49 AM
28 12