Video Of My GEAR S3 LTE Is Up : )

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Love the video Bossy Texas Chick. I have a couple of questions for you. Where did you get the band? I'm left handed and I like to wear watches on my left wrist but I really have a hard time putting watches on my left wrist with my left hand and that's because I have a disability called Cerebral Palsy. I don't really have much strength in my right hand to be able to put a watch on my left wrist using my right hand. Have you tried calling someone on the watch? How is the experience? Is the sound quality good? How is the rotating bezel? Is it easy to rotate the bezel? You said that you've used Samsung Pay on the watch many times. How is it? Is it smooth? When you were talking about using Samsung Pay you said that you are nervous about dropping the phone because it's so bulky and I noticed this loop thing behind the phone that you used with your finger to make it easy to hold with one hand and your finger on the other hand. Where did you get that? Go to 2:02 in the video and you show the loop thing. Lastly, I noticed that you put the wallpaper on your phone on your watch and used it as your watch face. Can you use your own photos on your phone and customize the watch face using your own photos?

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi Chris!

Yes, the buttons on side make Samsung Pay a breeze! You just hold in the top button for 1 second & bam, there's Samsung Pay, just tap "Pay" and you are DONE! I didn't think there COULD be a better way of using Samsung Pay than on my phone, but wow, from the watch it is MUCH easier : )

The ring on the phone is a Phone Ring Stent: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5579818...

The watch bezel is "seemless" takes ZERO force but still feels well built for long lasting use....

I have called several & answered calls but i never really even paid attn to how they sound and no one was saying, "what? what?, i just say what i have to and press "end" cuz i'm still at the stage where i find talking from my watch "dorky", i just wanna get the call over with...lol

The wallpaper is from my photos, Sammy has the option for that right in their wallpaper app that comes with the watch... Just hold down the dial, swipe over to "add image", add it to your watch gallery, choose it and YOU'RE DONE!

Hope that helped : )

BTC

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi Chris!

Yes, the buttons on side make Samsung Pay a breeze! You just hold in the top button for 1 second & bam, there's Samsung Pay, just tap "Pay" and you are DONE! I didn't think there COULD be a better way of using Samsung Pay than on my phone, but wow, from the watch it is MUCH easier : )

The ring on the phone is a Phone Ring Stent: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ile Accessories - EP-YO760BBEGUS | Samsung US

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And if I may add something.....the wireless charging dock that came with the Gear S3 Frontier is slightly bigger than the one that came with the Gear S2, though they both will charge the Gear S3.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I like having an extra one. When I click on the link to order the s3 charger why does the price change from $29.99 to 39.99 at checkout?

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Just had to make a quick Hands On of this watch cuz i'm over the moon in love with it! :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIwCwEZcRds

I've seen on a couple of videos that some people's Gear S3 Frontier watches are scratched. Is the Gear S3 Frontier easy to scratch? I used to have the Apple Watch and never had a screen protector for it. I did have a few screen protectors when I had the iPhone but I kept getting air bubbles so I took the screen protector off because the air bubbles were annoying me. After watching these videos and seeing what people are saying though I'm wondering if I should get a screen protector for the Gear S3 Frontier.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Im not sure why anyone wouldn't spend 3 bucks on a protector. I got a 6 pack from IQ Shield. They are a perfect fit, always good quality and i never have to worry about a bump or anything dumb happening. You wouldn't even know it's there. Nothing happens until it does. In my case i pull the protector off, put another on and call it a day

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Got a link for that band? It's exactly what I'm looking for.

two links listed below... i have the latch one but i'd prolly reccomend the loop, as the latch one (while it feels good and sturdy) is hell getting the band installed, in addition to i always make sure have to put it on over a soft surface because there's a slight trick to latching it and i wouldn't want to drop it....

milanese loop magnet band:
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Mil...g=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5587151]

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen on a couple of videos that some people's Gear S3 Frontier watches are scratched. Is the Gear S3 Frontier easy to scratch? I used to have the Apple Watch and never had a screen protector for it. I did have a few screen protectors when I had the iPhone but I kept getting air bubbles so I took the screen protector off because the air bubbles were annoying me. After watching these videos and seeing what people are saying though I'm wondering if I should get a screen protector for the Gear S3 Frontier.

Im not sure why anyone wouldn't spend 3 bucks on a protector. I got a 6 pack from IQ Shield. They are a perfect fit, always good quality and i never have to worry about a bump or anything dumb happening. You wouldn't even know it's there. Nothing happens until it does. In my case i pull the protector off, put another on and call it a day

Good video, thx. Very informative. Now that you've had it a few days have you noticed any scratches?

Hey y'all : )

Its not the "screen" that will get banged up & scratched, its the bezel. Sadly, i banged it yesterday and scratched the bezel slightly to the point where a lighter colored metal came through... It bugged me bad at first, but i wiped a little black permanent marker on it and its gone, can ONLY be seen NOW under close inspection, so i'm okay with it. But for those of you that might go REALLY nuts, i'm not gonna lie, it WILL scratch pretty easy. I've enclosed a pic WITH FLASH where the scuff is kinda visable, and WITHOUT FLASH not so much...

Not really sure a screen protector is what would help here, more like some "catchers mitt" type guard, but for me, i'm just gonna enjoy it and not worry about it : )

BTC

(If you double-click the pic it'll zoom : )

GEAR s3 scuffs.jpg

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Bossy. I'm real concerned about the bezel/body of the watch scratching. I've seen videos of it and heard multiple people say it happens easily. Not sure I want to spend 350-400 bucks on a device just to have it all scratched up within a month.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Bossy. I'm real concerned about the bezel/body of the watch scratching. I've seen videos of it and heard multiple people say it happens easily. Not sure I want to spend 350-400 bucks on a device just to have it all scratched up within a month.

Yes thats one of reasons why ive been holding off. I like the Frontier but the scuffing makes it hard to drop 400 on a watch. I want the samsung pay feature though. I wish they would release a Gear S type again with the long face those seemed a lot harder to scratch.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes thats one of reasons why ive been holding off. I like the Frontier but the scuffing makes it hard to drop 400 on a watch. I want the samsung pay feature though. I wish they would release a Gear S type again with the long face those seemed a lot harder to scratch.

I'm thinking the Classic won't have this problem because it's already chrome/silver, but I don't want the Classic. I want a dark, stealthy, sportier, rugged style like my Gshock.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Folks, you're buying a tool, not a work of art. Smartwatches are designed to make your life better- easier, more efficient, more convienant, etc. It does this job for a finite period of time (~18-36 months) and eventually needs to be replaced. Thing of them like an appliance ie. a refrigerator.