Samsung Pay and Lock Screen Annoying

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else really annoyed that you have to have lock screen turned on to use Samsung pay?
I understand the security purposes but couldn't they just make it when you require the pin if you're trying to use Samsung Pay?

I hate having to enter my pin every time I want to check a notification, I get hundreds of notification a day...

It was also very annoying that if you turn lock screen off and on again, Samsung Pay requires you to add every single card again

schj98

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else really annoyed that you have to have lock screen turned on to use Samsung pay?
I understand the security purposes but couldn't they just make it when you require the pin if you're trying to use Samsung Pay?

I hate having to enter my pin every time I want to check a notification, I get hundreds of notification a day...

It was also very annoying that if you turn lock screen off and on again, Samsung Pay requires you to add every single card again

The pin is only required when you first put the watch on it should not ask for it again until the watch is removed from your wrist.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

This
The pin is only required when you first put the watch on it should not ask for it again until the watch is removed from your wrist.

cschaepe

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
My experience is the same and I turned it off it was much too annoying. I don't know how it determines it being loose but it is a terrible user experience.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Have no issues with mine. Input the PIN in the morning when I first put it on, and use Samsung Pay several times throughout the day without ever having to type in the PIN again.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the problem intermittently. I don't know why Samsung doesn't make an option to just enter the pin when you have to use Samsung Pay.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. My PIN is triggered several times a day if I'm active. I have to wear it super tight for it not to trigger the locking pin. Ugh. Wish it was just for the Samsung Pay app, not the whole watch. Or that it didn't lock when a watch comes loose for 1/2 second on your wrist. So annoying.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. My PIN is triggered several times a day if I'm active. I have to wear it super tight for it not to trigger the locking pin. Ugh. Wish it was just for the Samsung Pay app, not the whole watch. Or that it didn't lock when a watch comes loose for 1/2 second on your wrist. So annoying.
I was having the same issues, but a quick power cycle fixed me up. I hope it helps.

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the problem intermittently. I don't know why Samsung doesn't make an option to just enter the pin when you have to use Samsung Pay.

This is an option after the most recent update.

Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock > Usage and select Payments.

Last edited:

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is an option after the most recent update.

Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock > Usage and select Payments.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

I literally have hated this issue for 6 months. When people ask about how I like the watch I say I do a lot but this issue always is in the back of my mind. Wow. Just like that, it's solved! I'm actually shocked.

Thank you for posting this!

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Crud?! When I go to Security --> Screen Lock Only Options are "Screen Lock Type" (Pin) and "Help".

No "Usage and select Payments"?

ATT LTE Frontier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz