Samsung Pay On Gear S3 - Card keeps disappearing after I call to verify card

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
You have to have the lock screen enabled on the S3 for it to stay. You will only have to unlock it once when you 1st put it on. After that it'll stay unlocked. However one problem I have not figured out is that when I switch between my Gear S3 and my Gear S2 my cards disappear on the one I'm switching to. I don't have that problem if I'm switching to back and forth between one of my Gear 2s though. Of course they don't have Samsung Pay on them but when I switch back to the S3 there's no problem.

The lock screen is enabled. The problem is I can't get past the verification screen. I have called about 20 times to verify my card and they tell me my card has been verified yet when I press the back button on the watch my card pops up on the watch but it says verify card.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Great news everyone!!!!! It FINALLY worked. I don't get the verify card screen anymore. Must be they updated the app or fixed the glitch or something.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Doubtful!!!! I don't see why it would be the bank when they said my card has been verified and I've called to verify my card about a dozen times. I think it was a glitch or something wrong with the app.
You were the only one with the issue. I'm certain it was your card provider's system that was at fault, and your card wasn't truly verified on their end.

SpikeDragon94

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
How did you finally get it to verify? Because I never got that first problem of yours, but my watch is also stuck on the verify no matter how many times my email or banking app tells me it's verified. This card worked in one try on my phone, but it doesn't seem to want to verify on the watch.

Edit: Odd, this time I decided to leave it on the verify screen and go do something else after using my bank app to verify, and the second my device received the email my watch buzzed me and told me the card was ready. Not sure if this will help anyone in the future, but it's what worked for me.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I too experienced the same problem. When I purchased the watch (Gear S3) I set up my card and worked as it should. Then yesterday I received an update notification on my watch and Note 5 phone. When I updated both devices I noticed that my card disappeared from my watch, but not my phone. Called US Bank and they were able to verify my card with no problem. I admit it was strange that my card vanished on my watch and not my phone, but everything is working as it should now. No factory reset was required.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
How did you finally get it to verify? Because I never got that first problem of yours, but my watch is also stuck on the verify no matter how many times my email or banking app tells me it's verified. This card worked in one try on my phone, but it doesn't seem to want to verify on the watch.

Edit: Odd, this time I decided to leave it on the verify screen and go do something else after using my bank app to verify, and the second my device received the email my watch buzzed me and told me the card was ready. Not sure if this will help anyone in the future, but it's what worked for me.

I went to an AT&T store and had them replace my Gear S3 Frontier. My original Gear S3 Frontier was also having issues with receiving calls when the watch was in standalone mode. I spent an hour and a half in the AT&T store and everyone who tried to help was stumped. They called tech support but even tech support couldn't figure it out. They said tech support would call me back the next day with a solution. I never got a call back and let a few days go by and then I decided to call tech support. When I did I explained to the woman on the phone what was going on and she said to take the watch back to AT&T and have them replace it so that's what I did. The replacement watch works way better than the first one. I think maybe the original watch was defective or something. When I got the new watch and tried to verify my debit card for Samsung Pay I just called the phone number on the watch to verify my card and answered a few questions and gave them a recent transaction and they said I was good to go. My card showed up on the watch and there was no more verify card screen.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I too experienced the same problem. When I purchased the watch (Gear S3) I set up my card and worked as it should. Then yesterday I received an update notification on my watch and Note 5 phone. When I updated both devices I noticed that my card disappeared from my watch, but not my phone. Called US Bank and they were able to verify my card with no problem. I admit it was strange that my card vanished on my watch and not my phone, but everything is working as it should now. No factory reset was required.

You're lucky. I think I called to verify my card about 20 times. I answered a few questions and gave them a recent transaction and they said I was all set and as soon as I hung up the phone and went to check the watch my card just disappeared. It did that about 20 times. I even reset the watch three times and my card would still disappear. I was very frustrated.