Samsung Pay On Gear S3 - Card keeps disappearing after I call to verify card

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I've tried adding my debit card to Samsung Pay on the watch but I'm having a problem. I call the 1-866 number to verify the card and go through the process and it's successful. However, the minute I hung up and get a notification on my phone that my card has been added and I play around with my watch the card disappears and I have to do it all over again. Is anyone else having this problem? I've had to put in my card information and call to verify the card about 3-4 times now. It's getting really annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions?

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling the Gear Samsung Pay app on your phone and reinstall.

If you get really desperate you could even factory reset the phone.

FWIW, I have multiple cards on SamsungPay and have never had to call anyone to verify them. That in itself sounds odd to me, and may be indicative of a deeper problem.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My card disappeared today and I had to start the app and re-enter my card info. Weird. Hope it doesn't become a common occurrence.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My card disappeared today and I had to start the app and re-enter my card info. Weird. Hope it doesn't become a common occurrence.
There's a bug in the Gear Pay phone app. Sometimes when you open it on your phone, it will de-register your Gear S3 cards. I avoid going into it now until they update it.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
There's a bug in the Gear Pay phone app. Sometimes when you open it on your phone, it will de-register your Gear S3 cards. I avoid going into it now until they update it.

My card isn't disappearing anymore. Now when I press the back button on the watch and my card pops up it says verify card when I've already verified the card over the phone. I can't get past the verify card screen.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I just can't get past the verify card screen. When you did it did it work? I factory resetted the watch and now there's no card on the watch so I'll have to try to add the card again. I'll try tomorrow.
Reinstall the app and try the text verification instead of the calling.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Reinstall the app and try the text verification instead of the calling.

Can you give me step by step instructions on how to do that? What about going to the Samsung Gear app and going to settings and scrolling to the bottom and clicking on Samsung Pay and clicking on the three dots next to add and clicking on settings and then clicking on reset app?

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My card isn't disappearing anymore. Now when I press the back button on the watch and my card pops up it says verify card when I've already verified the card over the phone. I can't get past the verify card screen.
I uninstalled it using Nova Launcher, but you could probably use an Uninstaller app. After it's uninstalled, tap on Samsung Pay in the Gear App main menu and it will start downloading.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I uninstalled it using Nova Launcher, but you could probably use an Uninstaller app. After it's uninstalled, tap on Samsung Pay in the Gear App main menu and it will start downloading.

Here's what I just did: On the phone - Settings > Device > Applications > Application manager > Samsung Pay

When I click on the Samsung Pay Gear app there's an option to uninstall or force stop. I don't want to uninstall it because I don't know if I can get it back. Like I said....there's no card on the watch right now. I'll just have to try adding the card again tomorrow. How do I get the text verification option?

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I just did: On the phone - Settings > Device > Applications > Application manager > Samsung Pay

When I click on the Samsung Pay Gear app there's an option to uninstall or force stop. I don't want to uninstall it because I don't know if I can get it back. Like I said....there's no card on the watch right now. I'll just have to try adding the card again tomorrow. How do I get the text verification option?
I just told you you'll get it back. You have to try all the options if you want to solve your problem. Worse comes to worse, you reinstall the whole Gear App and Samsung Pay will be in there. The text verification may be for major banks only. I'm using Chase and Citibank. It may be an issue with your card provider.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I just told you you'll get it back. You have to try all the options if you want to solve your problem. Worse comes to worse, you reinstall the whole Gear App and Samsung Pay will be in there. The text verification may be for major banks only. I'm using Chase and Citibank. It may be an issue with your card provider.

I know you did. I'll have to try all the options tomorrow. I use NBT Bank. They don't give an option to verify by text. The only option they give is to call. I've called the number a dozen times.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
You have to have the lock screen enabled on the S3 for it to stay. You will only have to unlock it once when you 1st put it on. After that it'll stay unlocked. However one problem I have not figured out is that when I switch between my Gear S3 and my Gear S2 my cards disappear on the one I'm switching to. I don't have that problem if I'm switching to back and forth between one of my Gear 2s though. Of course they don't have Samsung Pay on them but when I switch back to the S3 there's no problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2