Did you dunk it yet?

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have washed my hands with it on, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go for now. I want to have it at least until swimming weather then I'll take the plunge :)

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Saw a note, no swimming with the watch (seriously). Submerge is ok.. Not sure what the difference is (level of action of the water? Bc it wouldn't be the pressure). Saw this in a review I think (sorry not sure which) so it could be wrong.. Probably need to check the Samsung site or ask them.

Mine has heard about water but that will be it for now. Too new /expensive to try it out (and given that they're aren't many around, replacing it would be very difficult).

Happy to use my old suunto in the water for now my text notifications can wait!

You guys can tell me how the water thing goes.. I do believe the ads, just not ready for that on mine.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait for the future version of the Frontier LTE that's surf proof. There's a couple smart watches that you can surf with, but no stand alone service, and you have to do crazy things like remember to close the microphone port cover.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait for the future version of the Frontier LTE that's surf proof. There's a couple smart watches that you can surf with, but no stand alone service, and you have to do crazy things like remember to close the microphone port cover.

Nixon Mission.. Almost bought one.. Looks nice but for me the frontier is better functionally. If wear 2.0 had come out, I might have been on mission. (or both). But the mission looks really well designed.

stormwrx

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Nixon Mission.. Almost bought one.. Looks nice but for me the frontier is better functionally. If wear 2.0 had come out, I might have been on mission. (or both). But the mission looks really well designed.
Nice, but no heart rate monitor, way bigger/thicker than the S3, and you must close the microphone port before submerging it in water.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I went from the Mission to the Frontier. Just a couple thought. Really liked the Mission but there was some downsides. Some preference some not. It was huge. I knew it was bulky but the thickness was the issue. It just always seemed to get in the way. My biggest issue was that Android Wear ran like crap on it. Not sure if it was the new processor but lots of crashes and "Android Wear isn't responding" messages daily. This was with stock Mission watchface which was super awesome. Battery life wasn't the best but probably a 3rd of what Tizen is. I think the 2nd gen will be better. On the plus side it got banged alot due to the size and not a scratch. Built like a tank. Definately over priced when you can get a non LTE Frontier for $299 on sale also. Great effort. Just the way it is. Could get better with 2.0 but i wasn't waiting around for the possibility it may or may not.

don Adams

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I went into the hot tub and sauna with mine. About 30 minutes in each, back to back. No issues then or now. I had it hooked up via WiFi at the hotel and was able to get things I missed.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a need or desire to intentionally get mine wet, but if it's important to you, wouldn't it be better to do it now while it's still under warranty?

Pge

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the Frontier LTE version and after having it a few weeks decided I won't baby it. I own an older Sunnuto fitness watch that I almost never took off for yrs and its still running fine albeit a few scratches. I dont want to have to worry about every little thing i do with the watch other then keeping it clean. The S3 is supposedly built like a tank..well, I will find out. i really the watch minus the fitness area.

I have used it many times to take a shower or hand washings. So far no issues with the watch or functionality during or after any water episodes. Also I haven't been trying to be careful during those water dunkings so I am impressed at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay