Some General S3 questions I can't find answers to

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, I am coming from a Huawei watch and have some general questions on the S3.

First off, I am trying to decide between the Bluetooth and LTE models. I am on Project Fi, and a data only sim doesnt cost me anymore than the data it uses...which would be next to nothing for a smartwatch. But, it also costs about a 100 more (Bestbuy has 50 off the non-LTE model). Do notifications from your phone sync over the LTE connection, or only over bluetooth? Is there any way to setup voice calls over data on the S3 LTE (Doubt it)?

If it supports notification mirroring over LTE the extra money may be worth it to me, if not then I am not sure if a data only sim would add any value to it for me.

How do voice commands work on the S3? Does it have an always listening mode, or does the watch need to be "woken up" first?

How do notifications work from third party SMS apps, and hangouts? Can I reply to message from them? Actually, how do notifications work in general? I am shocked reviews haven't touched on that.

I understand the S3 doesnt have apps for Audible, or Google Music, but does it support general media controls for them (play/pause, next, etc)

How is the vibration for notifications? My huawei watch is so faint I can hear it better than feel it. Which brings me into my followup for vibration...how loud is it? I like how the apple watch is near silent, but yet very noticeable.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
quick comments - the SIM is esim so you can't put your own sim in, and notifications also sync over WiFi on the watch to your phone as long as your phone has any connectivity (WiFi or cellular data).

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
quick comments - the SIM is esim so you can't put your own sim in, and notifications also sync over WiFi on the watch to your phone as long as your phone has any connectivity (WiFi or cellular data).

Oh wow, you just saved me some money. Thank you.