Phone battery drain caused by Samsung Gear Manager app

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've googled this problem and old threads said that a new gear update fixed it. Well, I got the Gear S3 just about a week ago, so I should have downloaded the latest Gear Manger app.

I set the Gear s3 to standalone (no wifi, no bt), my phone drains from 90% to 40% overnight and the phone feels warm to touch. The gear uses 40% of my battery. I've uninstall Gear app to check and the battery is back to normal. But then, with it uninstalled it defeats the purpose,of having a Gear S3 (getting notificatiion etc). On the other hand, the Gear S3 battery is pretty good. Just the phone. Before Gear Manager, the battery was really good.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I can't find a way to disable or turn off the Gear Manager app for the night. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I've googled this problem and old threads said that a new gear update fixed it. Well, I got the Gear S3 just about a week ago, so I should have downloaded the latest Gear Manger app.

I set the Gear s3 to standalone (no wifi, no bt), my phone drains from 90% to 40% overnight and the phone feels warm to touch. The gear uses 40% of my battery. I've uninstall Gear app to check and the battery is back to normal. But then, with it uninstalled it defeats the purpose,of having a Gear S3 (getting notificatiion etc). On the other hand, the Gear S3 battery is pretty good. Just the phone. Before Gear Manager, the battery was really good.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I can't find a way to disable or turn off the Gear Manager app for the night. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

What phone? I haven't had this issue with Pixel XL

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Dinosaur phone - Note 3, LOL!

I still have my Note 3 to! It's one of my home tablets now along with my Nexus 7 lol. It's still cool, but really slow compared to my S6. OK sorry, I can't contribute to this thread as I don't have my S3 yet.

Last edited:

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I decided to uninstall & reinstall Gear Manager, and it seems to work. Had the S3 & phone connected through BT throughout the night. Phone was at 78%, the next morning it was just down to 71%. I think reinstalling it did the trick.