S health workout doesn't register mileage if BT is on?

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
1) I just went for a 3km walk. I had my S3 & phone connected via BT. Started the Walking exercise, saw GPS locked 5 secs after countdown and started walking. After nearly 2km, I noticed I didn't have any vibration alert. Checked the S3, it registered 0.0km walked. I decided to turn off BT to experiment. It finally registered mileage. Anyone knows why this is the case?

2) Further, when I sync the watch with S health to update my workout via BT, steps just keep loading while other workouts are completed updated. I have to restart my phone to get the steps updated. Is this normal?

Thanks.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know....I have had no issues syncing walks or runs with BT on or in standalone mode. Even in standalone mode workout history should sync with s health when reconnected. Sometimes I have noticed a lag in sync between gear manager app and watch, usually brief. Maybe uninstall and reinstall gear manager and see if that helps.

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It syncs walks, runs perfectly. But steps take a long time. The icon just keep loading forever with no steps updated.

Do you use the treadmill with the S3? Does your watch show mileage? Mine only show duration, HR and calories. I have to manually add the mileage ran in S Health.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I walk/run outside now. I havnt used on a treadmill yet but there is setting for the type of activity in S Health app on the watch. Are you selecting that if on treadmill?

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there is a treadmill setting and I used that. After syncing, results will show up in S Health app as treadmill but there is no mileage. Just workout duration, calories, bpm. While running on the treadmill, mileage doesn't show on the watch like when you choose Running (outdoors).

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
dunno....not saying this is ok, but maybe in the treadmill setting it makes sense to the watch software because you arent actually going anywhere to the location settings or gps on the watch or phone, regardless of steps taken.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, don't expect a distance stat on a treadmill. I used it for an hour walking on a new treadmill last night with the treadmill setting in S Health app on Classic with BT connected to GS7E. There is no distance recorded, only time, heart rate, calories, intensity. Steps were recorded separately in the step counter and not listed in the treadmill stats.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084