T-Mobile Frontier LTE Version: SIMPLE YES OR NO?!

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Assuming i have the proper settings, (call forwarding properly set and other various settings checked) .....

If i am a thousand miles away from my phone, (again, if setting are properly done) should i be able to do ALL of the following?

Receive calls
Make calls
Send texts
Receive texts

all with my PHONE's Telephone number showing to the caller/person i am texting and NOT the watch's telephone #?!

So far i have ONLY been successful at receiving calls that go to my phone when its a million miles away, and so it occurred to me, maybe that's the ONLY one of the above scenerios is the way the watch is supposed to work?!

Can not seem to get a simple yes or no...

Thanx y'all!

BTC

Last edited:

m3alex

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Frontier LTE Version: SIMPLE YES OR NO?!

Yes if ur on Tmobile Digits with one number multiple devices... No if calling/texting from your standalone watch...it uses its own number....I think lol

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site

Yes if ur on Tmobile Digits with one number multiple devices... No if calling/texting from your standalone watch...it uses its own number....I think lol

This is correct to my experience. This could also be done with Numbersync on AT&T.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

Yes. Can be done via remote connect or standalone if using Google Voice. I rarely carry any other phone.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

Yup. I just set up digits on T-Mobile today. Works great. Can call or text from the watch ,with my cell phone number outgoing. Without my phone anywhere around. And they both ring if someone calls. And like they said number sync on att works too. If you don't have either of those carriers I don't think it'll work.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

No need for call forwarding either. Phones normal no Bluetooth even needed. The watch is like a little second phone basically. Same cell number. They work independently with the same number.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

No need for call forwarding either. Phones normal no Bluetooth even needed. The watch is like a little second phone basically. Same cell number. They work independently with the same number.

THAT (^ ^ ^ ^ ^) is what i thought and was told when purchasing. The guy said the watch wearer (me) (and anyone you send a text or call) NEVER even NEED to know what the watch's number is... AND yet, (i have T-Mo version Frontier LTE) no matter what setting i have, i can NEVER (that's n-e-v-e-r) send a text when my phone is miles away or call someone (even if i have them call or text me right then and i hit "reply" have it show them my phone's number, it ALWAYS sends it using my watches number., and it show's up on receiver's end with that number...

So despite ALL of my research, i just figured maybe it isn't possible and i just misunderstood....

I guess i'll just continue wandering around the planet till one day someone makes a
step by step" video, (and i do mean, "step by step"...like, "here i am opening the box, now i am removing the watch from the box, now i am taking the wrapper off the watch, now i am turning it on, now i am going into settings...ETC, ETC, ETC...lol

Thanks for the replies y'all!

BTC

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Yup. I just set up digits on T-Mobile today. Works great. Can call or text from the watch ,with my cell phone number outgoing. Without my phone anywhere around. And they both ring if someone calls. And like they said number sync on att works too. If you don't have either of those carriers I don't think it'll work.

Just reread this... In the gabillion searches i did, never heard of "digits" till your post... (Tells ya what a poor Googler i am : )

Researching now, looks like EXACTLY what i want... Is your version still in "beta"?

A million thank you's!!!

BTC

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

There are some Digits related post in this area of the forum as well. This is my 3rd standalone watch and the feature is HEAVENLY! I hated being out walking the dog or whatever and not being able to initiate contact without starting a world of confusion!

I have had Digits since it started beta, all versions are in beta until they work the kinks out. I read an article somewhere that after they close beta the testers will get another 90 days before they have to decide if they want to keep it. I just wonder how much it will be when it comes out of beta because I really enjoy it.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile Digits works like a charm. I pay 5.00 extra a month for my Gear S3 data and its unlimited. Its like having another phone but its wrap around your wrist.

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
There are some Digits related post in this area of the forum as well. This is my 3rd standalone watch and the feature is HEAVENLY! I hated being out walking the dog or whatever and not being able to initiate contact without starting a world of confusion!

I have had Digits since it started beta, all versions are in beta until they work the kinks out. I read an article somewhere that after they close beta the testers will get another 90 days before they have to decide if they want to keep it. I just wonder how much it will be when it comes out of beta because I really enjoy it.

I am also fortunate being chosen as a Beta tester. At this point, I think there won't be additional charge at least as of now. Even if it does, my guess won't be as much. But I think the Digits will generate enough users and would want an extra devices such as LTE devices tablets, iPads and Smartwatches in which where TMobile will beneift their profits somehow. And they wouldn't need to charge their customers using the Digits. It might even come with it as a feature.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I am also fortunate being chosen as a Beta tester. At this point, I think there won't be additional charge at least as of now. Even if it does, my guess won't be as much. But I think the Digits will generate enough users and would want an extra devices such as LTE devices tablets, iPads and Smartwatches in which where TMobile will beneift their profits somehow. And they wouldn't need to charge their customers using the Digits. It might even come with it as a feature.

I would love for it to be free I use it on my watch, ipad and Tab S2 but I assume since they are saying that it will be open to other carriers as well there will be a fee of some kind. Along with this article "T-Mobile plans to fully launch Digits in early 2017, but there’s no word yet how much it’ll cost when it rolls out."

Just my thoughts though.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

So i guess you have to be chosen?!

digits.png

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
So i guess you have to be chosen?!

View attachment 249978

They base it on your credit and status as a good customer . Since I've been with them I make sure I pay them on time. And I never call for any refunds or anything. Also, I apply early on when it was announced. Maybe they only pick out so many Beta Tester. I am not sure what your status. Or maybe call them and find out the reason why.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I registered for Digits and was accepted almost immediately. Now if only I could figure out what to do with it.

K, so they explained the only way my Frontier LTE is eligible for Digits is IF i deactivate it as an "active line" and allow them to "reconfigure" the sim card in the watch to have my phones number, but he explained that i will lose standalone mode. (Didn't make sense that they invented "Digits" to have ppl "close active accounts" to use this service, i think he may have been confused or maybe i am) but in any event, i registered and will just use digits on my computer for now...

Back to wandering around the planet trying to find answers as to HOW exactly "standalone/call forwarding" feature is truly defined, AND once i have a "complete understanding of THAT", my next hurdle will be trying to figure out how to implement it......lol

Thanks for replies, y'all!

BTC

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
They base it on your credit and status as a good customer . Since I've been with them I make sure I pay them on time. And I never call for any refunds or anything. Also, I apply early on when it was announced. Maybe they only pick out so many Beta Tester. I am not sure what your status. Or maybe call them and find out the reason why.

Knew that couldn't be the issue, i actually received a call from T-Mobile last month asking why i always have a $200-$250 credit on the account, explained i HATE bills...lol

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Back to wandering around the planet trying to find answers as to HOW exactly "standalone/call forwarding" feature is truly defined, AND once i have a "complete understanding of THAT", my next hurdle will be trying to figure out how to implement it.....
The S3 has three ways of connecting to a smartphone. BT/Wi-Fi, remote connected, and standalone. In BT mode, the watch piggybacks off the phone's connection for everything (including calls on non LTE models). In remote connection mode the watch uses it's cellular radio to communicate with a smartphone (regardless of geographic distance). In standalone mode, the watch doesn't communicate with a phone at all (but via it's own cellular can make and receive calls, texts, and data).

Call forwarding can be present or absent in any of those modes. For example, if I forward my cellphone number to my watch number, incoming calls will be routed to my watch, regardless of what mode it is in. Similarly, GV numbers (and Digits numbers to the extent that it works across carriers) forwards their incoming calls to the numbers associated with each device that's registered with it.

Implementers varies depending on the service. For me, as a GV user, setup was simple and took less than a minute. I logged into my GV account and added the watch's number to my list of devices. After that, I setup the S3: paired the watch with a smartphone to pull down my list of contacts and downloaded the Android Wear app in order to get Hangouts notifications. Regardless of whether my watch is tethered to a smartphone, remote connected to it from miles away, or it's powered off completely, incoming calls come thru and outgoing calls preserve my CID. It works flawlessly.

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site

K, so they explained the only way my Frontier LTE is eligible for Digits is IF i deactivate it as an "active line" and allow them to "reconfigure" the sim card in the watch to have my phones number, but he explained that i will lose standalone mode. (Didn't make sense that they invented "Digits" to have ppl "close active accounts" to use this service, i think he may have been confused or maybe i am) but in any event, i registered and will just use digits on my computer for now...

Back to wandering around the planet trying to find answers as to HOW exactly "standalone/call forwarding" feature is truly defined, AND once i have a "complete understanding of THAT", my next hurdle will be trying to figure out how to implement it......lol

Thanks for replies, y'all!

BTC

That doesn't sound right. If your watch will act independently, it has to have an active line regardless of the number it sends to caller ID. You still have to pay for the line to access the network, they just reconfigure the sim to duplicate your phone's number for sending and receiving.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney