Messaging issues

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I have the gear s3 lte version and a Samsung Galaxy s6 active phone paired with it. I use textra as my default texting app. I can't get notifications from textra to come through on the watch. And even when I turn off notifications for the Samsung messaging app, they still come through to the watch. Anyone know how to fix this?

gooner63

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Go to the Samsung gear app on your phone under settings click on notifications then manage notifications and make sure textra is enabled then you show updates receive notification

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Go to the Samsung gear app on your phone under settings click on notifications then manage notifications and make sure textra is enabled then you show updates receive notification

I have textra enabled to receive notifications and the messages app notifications turned off. Still getting messages notifications and not getting textra notifications.

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
So I had it set to only show notifications when I'm wearing it, so now I'm getting the textra notifications. So now I get both notifications, textra and the regular messages app. I'd like to stop the regular messages app notifications. I have it disabled in the Samsung gear app, but still get them.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I had it set to only show notifications when I'm wearing it, so now I'm getting the textra notifications. So now I get both notifications, textra and the regular messages app. I'd like to stop the regular messages app notifications. I have it disabled in the Samsung gear app, but still get them.

I use Textra no problem. Do you have it set as the default text app on your phone? I don't get texts on the stock Samsung (S6) message app.

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Yep have textra set as the default app, have notifications turned off for the stock app on my phone and in the Samsung gear app. I'm getting the textra notifications now but still getting the stock ones too. So I get 2 notifications for every text. I don't get them on my phone from the stock app, just on my watch...

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Weird, I have the s6 edge and use Textra. Don't get the dual message alerts though with the stock messenger like you're describing. Not sure why that would be happening.

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I'll turn off the notifications for the message app in the Samsung gear app, under manage notifications. And every now and then I go back into the app and they have turned back on. Seems like I have to go in and turn them off a couple times a day. And even when they're turned off, I still get them. I have tried uninstalling the gear app and factory resetting the watch. So far nothing has worked.

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Are you using number sync? I've turned that off and don't get the dual messages. But with number sync on, I do. When number sync is off, if I'm not paired with my phone, I won't get my messages though...

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Weird, I have the s6 edge and use Textra. Don't get the dual message alerts though with the stock messenger like you're describing. Not sure why that would be happening.

Are you using number sync? I've turned that off and don't get the dual messages. But with number sync on, I do. When number sync is off, if I'm not paired with my phone, I won't get my messages though...

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I do have number sync but still not getting the issue that you're describing. I did have something a little strange the other day where messages were showing as not viewed and it wanted me to change to the stock message app but I was able to delete them and it hasn't happened since. Wish I could be of more help.

Hollyadamson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I do have number sync but still not getting the issue that you're describing. I did have something a little strange the other day where messages were showing as not viewed and it wanted me to change to the stock message app but I was able to delete them and it hasn't happened since. Wish I could be of more help.

Yea it seems to be associated with number sync. When I turn number sync off, I only get textra notifications. When I turn number sync back on, I get both textra and stock message notifications (even though they're turned off).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21