03-15-2017 02:09 PM
39 12
tools
    With DIGITS, the calls, messages AND data are counted to your phone. So your watch usage will always show 0 because everything goes through the alternative number that is tied to your phone. This applies to BT or standalone.
    Are you saying that the Digits number can't be tied to the watch? So what if I have an S3 on T-Mobile and my phone with Verizon? The S3 would have Digits and send calls and texts (cross carrier) to my phone. Wouldn't the watch be the master, since it's the only device under T-Mobile control?
    02-13-2017 06:00 PM
    It's been working flawlessly for me. The only reason I may dump it is that I wasn't able to switch to the new taxes included plan without jumping through hoops, because of the DIGITS number.

Anyone else have that issue?
    02-14-2017 06:42 AM
    I had that that issue early on but it is now resolved.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    02-14-2017 09:05 PM
    Are you saying that the Digits number can't be tied to the watch? So what if I have an S3 on T-Mobile and my phone with Verizon? The S3 would have Digits and send calls and texts (cross carrier) to my phone. Wouldn't the watch be the master, since it's the only device under T-Mobile control?
    So you're saying your phone is on Verizon, but the watch is TMO? I'm not sure you can use DIGITS with your Verizon phone. My understanding is that your phone must be TMO since it's the main device mating up to your other devices. DIGITS is a TMO only service, and you phone must have a TMO number and SIM, if I'm not mistaken. You need to call TMO Customer Service to find out the facts.
    02-15-2017 12:51 AM
    In T-Mobile's intro video, they stated Digits was capable of working with devices on other networks. This could be useful in situations where T-Mobile's network wasn't good enough for a primary device, but sufficient for secondary devices. So the primary number would be assigned to a secondary device on T-Mobile, but calls would still ring to the primary device on a different carrier.

In theory it should work, I'm just wandering whether someone has done it. Its not a problem for me, I'm a Google Voice user. But I am interested in keeping abreast of Digits development and the other carriers efforts to allow us to share one number across multiple devices.
    02-15-2017 07:50 PM
    any updates on how digits is working for everyone ?? I just signed up Yesterday. my interest is only having my main phone(Mate 9) and my watch (Frontier) share the same number and Mirror my calls and notifications.

updates from everyone here will be helpfull
    03-02-2017 04:16 AM
    Digits has been working well for me. I tested it with my S3 Frontier and now I am testing a 2nd number with on my phone.
    03-02-2017 11:04 AM
    just got digits today. mate 9 and s3 watch. as soon as the connection was made the watch now works perfect. notifications and sounds.... now i can use all the stock apps for both.
    03-02-2017 05:51 PM
    Working great for me. If was using call forwarding from the Gear App at first, but it was a poor solution because the app had to be active when call forwarding was taking place, and it would keep my phone screen on. Secondly, when you reduced the Tmobile forwarding time to the minimum 5 seconds, it would disable voice mail.

Now everything works great, and the Frontier rings at the exact same time as my phone.
    03-05-2017 01:09 PM
    Working great for me. If was using call forwarding from the Gear App at first, but it was a poor solution because the app had to be active when call forwarding was taking place, and it would keep my phone screen on. Secondly, when you reduced the Tmobile forwarding time to the minimum 5 seconds, it would disable voice mail.

Now everything works great, and the Frontier rings at the exact same time as my phone.
    So when I activate/enroll in digits - so I disable the call forwarding function from the gear app?

Also what other setting changes are recommended, either on the gear app or the settings on the S3 itself to make digits work properly and flawlessly. Thanks
    03-06-2017 11:33 PM
    So when I activate/enroll in digits - so I disable the call forwarding function from the gear app?

Also what other setting changes are recommended, either on the gear app or the settings on the S3 itself to make digits work properly and flawlessly. Thanks
    Yes you no longer need the Gear App to forward calls because all calls will now ring on phone and watch at the same time.(when Bluetooth is not connected) Nothing else is really needed. T-MOBILE has a helpful Digits department if you need assistance.
    left4dead likes this.
    03-06-2017 11:36 PM
    Just got my S3, need to set this up
    03-08-2017 01:53 PM
    03-08-2017 03:48 PM
    i got it setup on my S3, works pretty good
    03-15-2017 02:09 PM
39 12