Dumped T-Mobile Digits

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Left the apartment with a fully charged Samsung S7 edge in my backpack. Twenty minutes later I opened it to find my battery at 83%. Battery usage in settings showed Digits at the top of the list. Done with my short test of T-Mobiles Digits as it seems it's not ready for prime time. Hopefully, T-Mobile will let us know when they fix it. If I hadn't looked at my phone for half the day, which is normal for me, the thing would have been stone dead.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the digits app installed on my s7 edge but I use one number on multiple devices not the multiple numbers on one device. Originally I did have it on my s7 but someone here advised me that I didn't need it which was true. I have it on my iPad and tab s2 though and battery life on those are pretty normal.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the digits app installed on my s7 edge but I use one number on multiple devices not the multiple numbers on one device. Originally I did have it on my s7 but someone here advised me that I didn't need it which was true. I have it on my iPad and tab s2 though and battery life on those are pretty normal.

Same here. No need for the app since I just wanted my phone's number on the watch.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Does having this feature depend on how particular carriers provisioned their phones? I'm not clear on how to do this with my T-Mobile S7 Edge.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Does having this feature depend on how particular carriers provisioned their phones? I'm not clear on how to do this with my T-Mobile S7 Edge.

It depends on which way you are trying to use digits.

If you are trying to have one number on multiple devices it is handled on T-Mobiles side not handled through your phone so I think that is why you do not need the app. So you should not have to do anything after everything is set up on the T-Mo side. I did have to give them my watch information when setting things up so it would work correctly.

If you are trying to have multiple numbers on your S7 Edge then yes you need the app.

I would assume most people in the S3 area of the forum want their watches to send out their phones number (one number on multiple devices) so they do not have to give out the watches number out and confuse people. Since I have been a beta user on digits my watch does not even use data according to my account. Prior to using digits it did because I do leave my phone pretty regularly at work and when I workout in the mornings.

If you think you configured it incorrectly you can re-register with digits but again you do NOT need the app on your phone if you are trying to do the one number on multiple devices.

Hope this does not confuse you more than it helps.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

If you are trying to have one number on multiple devices it is handled on T-Mobiles side not handled through your phone so I think that is why you do not need the app. So you should not have to do anything after everything is set up on the T-Mo side. I did have to give them my watch information when setting things up so it would work correctly.

If you are trying to have multiple numbers on your S7 Edge then yes you need the app.

I would assume most people in the S3 area of the forum want their watches to send out their phones number (one number on multiple devices) so they do not have to give out the watches number out and confuse people. Since I have been a beta user on digits my watch does not even use data according to my account. Prior to using digits it did because I do leave my phone pretty regularly at work and when I workout in the mornings.

If you think you configured it incorrectly you can re-register with digits but again you do NOT need the app on your phone if you are trying to do the one number on multiple devices.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm having trouble using my main number with my watch. So basically I believe I signed up for one number multiple devices. I got the text saying I was set up and ready to go. However I'm not receiving anything yet.

Do I need the app do I need to do something on the watch itself? Do I need to reset the watch?

Ultimately I'd like to have my iPhone as my main device but have my watch synced to my s7E so that I get the full features but I'd be receiving my texts through my main number being my
iPhone.

Any help with this would be great.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having trouble using my main number with my watch. So basically I believe I signed up for one number multiple devices. I got the text saying I was set up and ready to go. However I'm not receiving anything yet.

When you signed up did you provide the ICCID of your Gear S3 during the registration process? If you didn't provide them with you ICCID as part of the registration process it probably isn't set up correctly and I would register again or post in digits beta support community for help. http://support.t-mobile.com/community/plans-services/digits

No there is no need or way (that I know of) to put the digits app on your watch its done through Tmo.

That iPhone S7E sounds like it will be another issue in itself, you do know they released the software to make the iPhone work in a limited capacity with the gear s3 right?

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
When you signed up did you provide the ICCID of your Gear S3 during the registration process? If you didn't provide them with you ICCID as part of the registration process it probably isn't set up correctly and I would register again or post in digits beta support community for help. http://support.t-mobile.com/community/plans-services/digits

No there is no need or way (that I know of) to put the digits app on your watch its done through Tmo.

That iPhone S7E sounds like it will be another issue in itself, you do know they released the software to make the iPhone work in a limited capacity with the gear s3 right?

I redid the registration process and it now seems to be working. Yeah, it'll probably end up being a issue when I leave my S7 at home but we'll see how much of a problem it'll be. I imagine i'll have my texts and calls come through but perhaps not the regular notifications. It'll take some experimenting, and while the functionality of pairing my iPhone with my watch leaves a bit to be desired it's not terrible so I can always go back and go that route.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I redid the registration process and it now seems to be working. Yeah, it'll probably end up being a issue when I leave my S7 at home but we'll see how much of a problem it'll be. I imagine i'll have my texts and calls come through but perhaps not the regular notifications. It'll take some experimenting, and while the functionality of pairing my iPhone with my watch leaves a bit to be desired it's not terrible so I can always go back and go that route.

Awesome glad I could help!

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Can someone here advise me on T-Mobile DIGITS? Right now I have AT&T and the Gear S3 Frontier. I understand that with T-Mobile DIGITS you can have one number on multiple devices or three or four numbers on one device. I use NumberSync and when I got the Gear S3 Frontier they told me at AT&T that the watch had to have its own phone number. My problem is that I don't want to have two phone numbers. I want to have one phone number for all my devices. They told me I couldn't do that with NumberSync. I only use my mobile phone and my Gear S3 Frontier so is it really worth it to switch to T-Mobile and get T-Mobile DIGITS?

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I use NumberSync and when I got the Gear S3 Frontier they told me at AT&T that the watch had to have its own phone number. My problem is that I don't want to have two phone numbers. I want to have one phone number for all my devices. They told me I couldn't do that with NumberSync. I only use my mobile phone and my Gear S3 Frontier so is it really worth it to switch to T-Mobile and get T-Mobile DIGITS?

Everyone with an lte frontier has two numbers so this doesn't do away with the second number. T-Mobile digits is also in beta currently so they are working the bugs out of it. When it is released it will be open to all carriers though according the the video put out on YouTube.

I have a friend with AT&T and when he calls or texts from his watch his number shows as his phone number he is using numbersync so AT&T was doing this first. I believe that it part of the reason they charge more for their watch service as well but I could be wrong about that. It sounds like your number sync isn't set up correctly.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Everyone with an lte frontier has two numbers so this doesn't do away with the second number. T-Mobile digits is also in beta currently so they are working the bugs out of it. When it is released it will be open to all carriers though according the the video put out on YouTube.

I have a friend with AT&T and when he calls or texts from his watch his number shows as his phone number he is using numbersync so AT&T was doing this first. I believe that it part of the reason they charge more for their watch service as well but I could be wrong about that. It sounds like your number sync isn't set up correctly.

Yes, I know T-Mobile DIGITS is in beta testing. I heard that DIGITS will be open to all carriers. Not sure how that will work since T-Mobile came up with the "DIGITS" concept. I sent a text message to my friend from the watch and I asked her if my mobile phone number showed up and she said yes. I also called her from the watch and asked if my mobile phone number showed up and she said yes. AT&T doesn't charge much for their watch service. When I talked to them about getting the Gear S3 Frontier they said it would be $10 a month. It's set up correctly. They made sure it was set up correctly when I got the new watch. Like I said....I just don't want to have two phone numbers.

dshrum84

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Either way, the watch is assigned it's own line and a number to identify that line for administrative/billing/technical/etc purposes.

What Digits and Numbersync do is cause the watch to receive and send using the phone's number. If someone calls you or sends a text, both devices will independently receive without needing to be connected either bluetooth or remotely. If you call or send, the caller id reflects your phone's number.

If you're already with AT&T, set up Numbersync and you should get what you're looking for. Switching for the sake of Digits while it's in Beta is more than I would recommend unless you're already considering switching for other reasons too.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Either way, the watch is assigned it's own line and a number to identify that line for administrative/billing/technical/etc purposes.

What Digits and Numbersync do is cause the watch to receive and send using the phone's number. If someone calls you or sends a text, both devices will independently receive without needing to be connected either bluetooth or remotely. If you call or send, the caller id reflects your phone's number.

If you're already with AT&T, set up Numbersync and you should get what you're looking for. Switching for the sake of Digits while it's in Beta is more than I would recommend unless you're already considering switching for other reasons too.

So are you telling me that even if I switch to T-Mobile and get DIGITS I will still have two phone numbers? Right now I have two numbers - my mobile phone number and the watch's phone number and I don't want two numbers. I thought DIGITS was supposed to make it so you have one number for multiple devices or multiple numbers on one device? Why would I need to have two phone numbers? I just don't understand why my mobile phone and my watch can't just have the same phone number. You said if I'm already with AT&T set up NumberSync. I already have NumberSync set up. I just don't want to have two phone numbers. I was going to wait until DIGITS is official and not in beta anymore before I think about switching.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
AT&T doesn't charge much for their watch service. When I talked to them about getting the Gear S3 Frontier they said it would be $10 a month. It's set up correctly. They made sure it was set up correctly when I got the new watch. Like I said....I just don't want to have two phone numbers.

T-Mobile service for a watch is $5 a month and I'm sure when digits is out of beta it will cost so maybe it will be a $10 total a month like AT&T who knows? This is the price difference I spoke of.

Sounds like your number sync isn't set up correctly no offense meant but I have friends with AT&T and when I receive anything from them it shows their cell #. I was very envious when I got my watch and digits wasn't out yet or when it came out and i had to wait to be chosen for beta. (FYI as a new customer you would have to wait a couple weeks to even be considered)

And yes like I previously mentioned in the post above With T-Mobile YOU WILL STILL HAVE TWO NUMBERS. I just don't give out my watch number. Every provider with a standalone watch gives the customer a new number there is no way around that. You can get the bluetooth version never have to worry about it but you will lose standalone.

As Dshrum84 mentioned I wouldn't leave AT&T due to your number sync not functioning as it should I would look into why it isn't working properly. Kind of like the person who started this thread downloaded the app as just like I did thinking it was needed.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
So are you telling me that even if I switch to T-Mobile and get DIGITS I will still have two phone numbers? Right now I have two numbers - my mobile phone number and the watch's phone number and I don't want two numbers. I thought DIGITS was supposed to make it so you have one number for multiple devices or multiple numbers on one device? Why would I need to have two phone numbers? I just don't understand why my mobile phone and my watch can't just have the same phone number. You said if I'm already with AT&T set up NumberSync. I already have NumberSync set up. I just don't want to have two phone numbers. I was going to wait until DIGITS is official and not in beta anymore before I think about switching.

Every device (ie. phone, tablet, watch, hotspot, car head unit) on a cellular network has a unique identifying number assigned to it. Regardless of whether or not that device is capable of receiving calls to that number.

Digits, NumberSync, and Google Voice are services that allow us control how we communicate across devices, they do not alter or replace the device numbers assigned by the network. You do not need to divulge this number to the public, with these services it operates in the background. You have a public phone number that routes calls to the network number on each of your devices.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile service for a watch is $5 a month and I'm sure when digits is out of beta it will cost so maybe it will be a $10 total a month like AT&T who knows? This is the price difference I spoke of.

Sounds like your number sync isn't set up correctly no offense meant but I have friends with AT&T and when I receive anything from them it shows their cell #. I was very envious when I got my watch and digits wasn't out yet or when it came out and i had to wait to be chosen for beta. (FYI as a new customer you would have to wait a couple weeks to even be considered)

And yes like I previously mentioned in the post above With T-Mobile YOU WILL STILL HAVE TWO NUMBERS. I just don't give out my watch number. Every provider with a standalone watch gives the customer a new number there is no way around that. You can get the bluetooth version never have to worry about it but you will lose standalone.

As Dshrum84 mentioned I wouldn't leave AT&T due to your number sync not functioning as it should I would look into why it isn't working properly. Kind of like the person who started this thread downloaded the app as just like I did thinking it was needed.

My NumberSync is set up correctly. They made sure it was before I left the store. When I've received text messages from friends it shows their cell phone number. There should be a way around this two phone numbers issue. I already have the LTE version. I don't need the Bluetooth version. I don't want to leave AT&T due to NumberSync. I want to leave AT&T because T-Mobile claims that with DIGITS you will only need one phone number not two phone numbers.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
My NumberSync is set up correctly. They made sure it was before I left the store. When I've received text messages from friends it shows their cell phone number. There should be a way around this two phone numbers issue. I already have the LTE version. I don't need the Bluetooth version. I don't want to leave AT&T due to NumberSync. I want to leave AT&T because T-Mobile claims that with DIGITS you will only need one phone number not two phone numbers.

It's about the number that goes out not the text received when it comes to number sync digits etc.

It has been stated to you in multiple threads everyone has two numbers no way around that. Even T-Mobile has two numbers I have then and I have two numbers but no one has my watch number. I guess you don't get it although its been explained to you in different ways in different threads. If you want standalone features you will have two numbers the work arounds are in place so you don't have to ever share the watch number.

Good luck