Calling Nexus 6P Users!

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I have a Nexus 6P (next phone will likely be a Pixel, but not for a while) and am strongly considering a Gear S3 as my first smartwatch. But in my research, I have come across conflicting views about how well the S3 works with the 6P. A couple of threads claim that it works, although they don't get text or email notifications on the warch (what's the point!) and others claim they get the notifications, but can't reply from the watch.

I would really welcome feedback from 6P/S3 owners as to how well they play together, and what limitations, if any, exist vs. using the S3 with Samsung phones. Thanks.

DrJay1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6P/S3 combo, and so far everything is working great. I get and can handle phone calls, texts and emails on the watch. Can't speak to the S3/Samsung phone issue - not using a Samsung phone.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much for the reassurance. I was really hoping those negative threads I found were specific, one off issues and not widespread. Love to hear from others about your experience so far with this tech combo. Thx.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6P/S3 combo, and so far everything is working great. I get and can handle phone calls, texts and emails on the watch. Can't speak to the S3/Samsung phone issue - not using a Samsung phone.

BTW, do you have a Frontier or Classic? And what made you decide on the one you chose?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
BTW, do you have a Frontier or Classic? And what made you decide on the one you chose?

I have the same combo. Went with the Frontier because of the LTE and GPS...and the look, quite frankly.

Works perfectly fine, though there are some limitations to replying to texts. Might be just me, but I can only reply to the initial text sometimes. Other than that, I get all notifications, Samsung Pay works, etc.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the 6P and S3 and they work great together. No complaints other than AT&T Numbersync doesn't work, so I cannot use the same number on both my watch and phone :\.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thx tntsniper- very helpful. After reading all the positive comments on the 6P/S3 combo, I pulled the trigger on the S3 last night. Now the wait...

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Had the 6P and S3 combo until a few weeks ago when I sold it on eBay. The number sync from att won't work as mentioned earlier. Also, texting was limited until I started using Textra. Before using Textra I could only respond back to text messages however Textra works just fine for starting and replying. Have Samsung phone now, used their messaging app for a little bit but switched back to Textra. Don't notice any difference between the 2 and how they worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad