Gear S3 on Verizon

dmits

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine in NH, tax-free. They did not charge me an upgrade fee, only added it to my account as a phone for $5/mo. Asked if I wanted to do payments or pay the $249.99 with cash, check or card. I paid outright.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine in NH, tax-free. They did not charge me an upgrade fee, only added it to my account for $5/mo. Asked if I wanted to add it to the account and do payments or pay the $249.99 with cash, check or card. I paid outright.
$5 month for LTE service is excellent its a bit more pricey as a solo line or new customer.
I just have the BT no LTE and bought with a coupon at Best Buy for $299 two months ago a fair deal at the time. ($249 for LTE great deal) don't think you'll beat that one.
Youl half to leave your phone at home and let us know how you like the LTE service enjoy the watch it's a great device

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon and Best Buy. Used the $100 off at Verizon to get the LTE Frontier. Then headed directly to Best Buy to return the wifi Frontier I had purchased 3 1/2 weeks ago. Everything went smooth. Best Buy even told me I could keep the $20 rewards I got when I purchased the first S3.

I preferred the LTE model for working out/running/walking without my phone for fitness/Spotify and I often walk away from my phone at work and forget to bring it and the watch disconnects, easier to have LTE. It seems email works better as well.

Total out the door after taxes $271.55 (+$5.00 per month line fee), total back from Best Buy $369.31

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon and Best Buy. Used the $100 off at Verizon to get the LTE Frontier. Then headed directly to Best Buy to return the wifi Frontier I had purchased 3 1/2 weeks ago. Everything went smooth. Best Buy even told me I could keep the $20 rewards I got when I purchased the first S3.

I preferred the LTE model for working out/running/walking without my phone for fitness/Spotify and I often walk away from my phone at work and forget to bring it and the watch disconnects, easier to have LTE. It seems email works better as well.

Total out the door after taxes $271.55 (+$5.00 per month line fee), total back from Best Buy $369.31
So I'm assuming your a Verizon customer already hince the $5 month lte service?
That worked out great for you the $100 coupon was a surprise to me, lucky your a elite BB customer and had a 30day return policy

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Before I sell my AT&T S3 and buy the Verizon variant, has anyone used Samsung Pay on it? Specifically, I'd like to confirm that it is running the latest version of Tizen that requires the pin be entered only prior to using S Pay.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I use SP all the time with my S3 and always choose debit and use a pin my absolute favorite feature of the watch

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Before I sell my AT&T S3 and buy the Verizon variant, has anyone used Samsung Pay on it? Specifically, I'd like to confirm that it is running the latest version of Tizen that requires the pin be entered only prior to using S Pay.

This feature works great. However I only had to enter the pin the first time I used it today. I used it 3x. Works better than the phone...

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
This feature works great. However I only had to enter the pin the first time I used it today. I used it 3x. Works better than the phone...
That's how is suppose to work now. Unless the watch has been removed, the pin only needs to be entered the first time S Pay is used. This functionality was gained after a recent update. Prior to then, the pin was required every time the watch was put on.

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
i have had to use the pin sometimes.

This might already be known, but figured I would mention it just in case.

1. When using Voice texting from the S3 on the LTE version, it only work when the language is set to UK English. Not sure this is a none thing at this point. I went into the store, and they found some information on this.

2. Your phone has to be on in order to get the call through your watch. I had been told that with the LTE version, if the phone was off, my watch would ring instead. That is not the case. in order to get a call on the watch without your mobile phone on, they need to call the specific Mobile phone number assigned to the phone.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is showing as $20. In May have to go in. Might turn it. I will pay the restocking fee.
So, I did the number share thing and it said by doing that I would save 15 a month. Now my bill preview is saying I should only have to pay 5 a month for my watch. Guess they charge more if you aren't using it to share a number. Try that and see if it lowers the price for you.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it is $20 if you have a separate number but if you share your mobile with the watch it is $5 per month. If they don't give me the $5 plan I will return it and buy a wifi model. I will not pay $20 per month when I almost always have my phone with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair