Textra Support

fishie31

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I've been searching and I haven't seen anyone specifically showing how to get SMS notification to show up on their watch when using Textra as the default app on the phone. Here's what I have enabled on the Gear manager

Textra: On

Any clues on how to get this to work? Much appreciated.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine works OK. I have a note 5. I think I have notifications turn on for Textra. I can recieve and reply on the watch. But only when connected to Bluetooth.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Bluetooth version of the watch and I get all of my notifications on the watch. I use Textra and its no different. I am even able to reply as well from the watch.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When you are typing a response you can scroll all the way over to the right, where you see the globe, and then it will give you the ability to speak you responses. That has worked for me.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
When you are typing a response you can scroll all the way over to the right, where you see the globe, and then it will give you the ability to speak you responses. That has worked for me.
I haven't quite worked my way up to **** Tracy status yet! 😂😂
Edit: I guess nobody has the name **** (short for Richard) anymore. So I guess it thinks every instance is a dirty word. Funny none the Less.

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I used textra for a while as default and the messages are easy to read on the S3 gear, I went back to default because I like to sent pics directly from photos and you can't do that with textra
The gear 3 is great for previewing messages and mail just turn your wrist up to view no need to check the phone

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I used textra for a while as default and the messages are easy to read on the S3 gear, I went back to default because I like to sent pics directly from photos and you can't do that with textra
The gear 3 is great for previewing messages and mail just turn your wrist up to view no need to check the phone

What is missing from the photos app? I frequently send photos from there through textra.