Is there any hope for official third-party support for apps like Hangouts or Messenger?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the Gear S3 is a brilliant piece of hardware, but after almost six months (or longer if you count earlier versions), I'm really missing support for these apps.

Even with my Pebble Time, the persistent nature of notifications let you recall messages on the watch. With the S3, once they're read, poof, they're gone forever. It's nice when driving/riding/walking when you, say, need to check an address someone sent you without having to dig out your phone.

I suppose it's my fault for buying the watch knowing the app limitations. I still think it's a brilliant piece of hardware, but at 3+ times the cost of the Pebble Time, it's actually less useful to me.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm a dedicated GV user. While there's no Hangouts app for Tizen, messages are passed through to the watch and can be replied to. Unfortunately, once read and replied to, there's no threaded history. But when messages are routed through the Tizen messaging app, the threaded history is available. When I want to initiate a message from my watch, I do so using the Tizen app to the contact's GV alias number (so my GV CID is displayed).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21