How do I show the distance in mode "treadmill" while using Samsung Gear S3?

A

AC Question

i use samsung gear s3, when in mode treadmill, the distance not show. how can i get the distance in mode treadmill while use the samsung gear s3 ??

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
re: How do I show the distance in mode "treadmill" while using Samsung Gear S3?

So... you want the watch on your wrist to somehow know how far you've "run" while the watch hasn't moved anywhere as far as GPS is concerned? It MIGHT be able to estimate based on steps, but I doubt you'll get that info unless you can link the watch and the treadmill.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That metric may not be available in that mode, I believe hallux is correct, distance calculation would require use of the GPS and position triangulation which would not be possible on a treadmill. Most likely that settings is a battery saver more than anything else telling the GPS to turn itself off it's not needed while you are on the treadmill. BUT I don't know. Perhaps check here....

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33577 User Manual

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I asked about this before when I first got the S3 after using Garmin. Garmin shows mileage when you run on the treadmill. So I was surprised that S3 doesn't. Anyway, just input your distance manually.

Endomondo doesn't show mileage either when in treadmill mode. On my recent 6k walk outside my GPS did not lock at all for that whole hour. At the end, the result doesn't have my walking map but it did show a very close mileage when I measured the distance of my walking route in Google map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463