I am getting my S3 Tuesday and was wondering if I run Endomomdo on my S3 can I also run it on my phone at the same time? Reason I ask is I wanted to compare the heart rate monitoring on the S3 with the HR on my chest strap. So logging the 2 workouts at the same time on 2 separate devices lol. 🤔
    05-20-2017 08:19 PM
    This should be interesting. Let us know how it goes!

I've found the watch HR very accurate for myself. However, the chest strap will probably give you a greater sample rate. When I run UA Record the HR sample rate seems to be updated frequently. Otherwise it does about once or twice an hour just as a background process.

Much of it comes down to how you link the various apps together and the priorities assigned to the syncing.

Even if you set everything up correctly there could be bugs in the sync processes. However, I've found UA and the other app companies very responsive. An actual human from MyFitnessPal responded to me in 3 minutes when I reported a sync bug to them and they reported it to the UA Record team.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    05-22-2017 09:45 AM
    Oh, if you do run both at the same time at the end of the workout you can choose to save or discard the workout from the watch. It's a bit manual but a choice you have to make anyway.
    05-22-2017 09:47 AM
    Oh, if you do run both at the same time at the end of the workout you can choose to save or discard the workout from the watch. It's a bit manual but a choice you have to make anyway.
    So it will save 2 different workouts? The one used on my phone using my chest monitor and the one on my watch with built in HR will log 2 seperate workouts?
    05-22-2017 09:09 PM
    I have no idea really. We are kind of on the bleeding edge of consumer health tech.

I had some workouts get duplicated just through application syncing. So I had to redo the sync setup between applications. I've also had issues where S Health and another app both log the same thing. In the event something like that happens I just go in delete duplicates.

You can do some tests to see what will happen in the dual use setup. You can delete them from the history.

My guess will be you want to just use the the phone's logging while using the chest strap. If you can log both simultaneous it may make for an interesting comparison between the two devices. Some people have different results but I've found the watch to be accurate. It samples in a resting state about every hour and appears to sample every few seconds while logging an activity.

The advantage of the watch is being able to leave your phone behind and track or just have it track simple daily activity levels. I never want to run with my phone again since it's a phablet.
    05-24-2017 09:38 AM
    I have no idea really. We are kind of on the bleeding edge of consumer health tech.

I had some workouts get duplicated just through application syncing. So I had to redo the sync setup between applications. I've also had issues where S Health and another app both log the same thing. In the event something like that happens I just go in delete duplicates.

You can do some tests to see what will happen in the dual use setup. You can delete them from the history.

My guess will be you want to just use the the phone's logging while using the chest strap. If you can log both simultaneous it may make for an interesting comparison between the two devices. Some people have different results but I've found the watch to be accurate. It samples in a resting state about every hour and appears to sample every few seconds while logging an activity.

The advantage of the watch is being able to leave your phone behind and track or just have it track simple daily activity levels. I never want to run with my phone again since it's a phablet.
    I was going to do the dual tracking today, but then my S3 wouldn't connect through Endomondo. I tried tracking my workout with S Health, but it kept pausing it on it's own. Maybe I was in the wrong "workout" mode.

I also thought it would be nice to leave my phone at home when I am out hiking
    05-24-2017 05:30 PM
    I've heard people complain about the pausing but I haven't seen it happen myself.

I think I may have accidentally paused a workout once or twice as I pushed the top button thinking I was going back. But that puts it in pause mode.

An interesting thing I noticed is the UA Record, MapMyRun, and Endomomdo all use the same watch app but have different workout choices and just sync to their respective phone apps. Even S Health seems to have the same tracking component bolted on to its app. Under Armour must have partnered with Samsung or the tracking parts might be part of the watch's firmware.
    05-25-2017 11:33 AM
    So.. you CAN track 2 workouts at the same time w/Endomondo. Tried it today on a hike using the S3 and a Tickr chest strap, both running Endomondo. During the start of my hike my heartrate seemed low on the S3, but abnormally high on my chest stratp. As I started hiking and my heartrate went up the S3 seemed to register my HR pretty low compared to my chest strap. I have to say that by the way I felt, the strap seemed accurate, the S3 was off about 20bpm.

Halfway through I stopped to compare my HR to the S Health app by using my finger on the back of my phone, it was accurate to my chest monitor, S3 still registered lower. As I finished the rest of my hike the S3 seemed to catch up to my chest montior, I am not sure why, maybe the S3 can't pick up the fast heartbeats as well.

Anyways, the GPS feature, I am not so sure. When I pull up my info online on a computer, the S3 didn't look like it tracked me the whole time, but when I pull up the info on my phone, it looks pretty close.

I attached the screen shots of the two to compare. S3 first, Tickr Chest Strap 2nd. A big difference from what I can see. I will try again tomorrow with a weight training workout and see how that compares lol.

Can endomomdo track 2 workouts at the same time?-gear-s3.jpgCan endomomdo track 2 workouts at the same time?-2017-05-25.jpg
    05-25-2017 01:38 PM
    I've heard people complain about the pausing but I haven't seen it happen myself.

I think I may have accidentally paused a workout once or twice as I pushed the top button thinking I was going back. But that puts it in pause mode.

An interesting thing I noticed is the UA Record, MapMyRun, and Endomomdo all use the same watch app but have different workout choices and just sync to their respective phone apps. Even S Health seems to have the same tracking component bolted on to its app. Under Armour must have partnered with Samsung or the tracking parts might be part of the watch's firmware.
    I wonder if it auto paused because I had selected "walk" on the S Health app vs "treadmill". I was walking on a treadmill at the time ..
    05-25-2017 01:39 PM
    Watch not syncing with app on phone, the WiFi on my watch is turned off and so far this week it synced info with my phone with a couple minute delay kinda annoying (S Health) is only a matter of seconds, we'll today it didn't sync information at all not sure what happened?
    05-26-2017 11:35 AM