Allergic Reaction?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So I took my watch off Friday, and noticed a had a red mark that was the width of the watch where the optical heart rate sensor is on the device. I've never had reaction to the heart rate sensors in other devices, and have been able to wear an apple watch, a gear fit 2, and a Fitbit flex without any reaction at all. Only devices I've had reactions to were the Fitbit force, and the apple sport bands.

This is pretty bad though. Looks like a burn, and doesn't seem to be going away even after two days of no watch. Anyone else experience this?

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Same here with my moto 360. I had what looks like a burn mark where the sensor is. I turned off the fitness apps and I don't see it now.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I've never had an issue with this before with other devices. I'll have to turn off the HR monitoring and see if that helps

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Have you ever had a reaction to other metal objects that were pressed against your skin for s long period of time? I know there is a small percentage of people who are allergic you certain metals and alloys. My dad is allergic to certain alloys of white gold, and had a reaction similar to what you're describing when he wore a ring he was given, until he had the inside of it plated in yellow gold.

The only reason I bring that possibility up is because I would think you'd have noticed if the watch was warm enough to cause that reaction.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever had a reaction to other metal objects that were pressed against your skin for s long period of time? I know there is a small percentage of people who are allergic you certain metals and alloys. My dad is allergic to certain alloys of white gold, and had a reaction similar to what you're describing when he wore a ring he was given, until he had the inside of it plated in yellow gold.

The only reason I bring that possibility up is because I would think you'd have noticed if the watch was warm enough to cause that reaction.

Not that I know of. The only similar reaction I've had is to the Apple watch silicone bands and the Fitbit Force.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63