Please offer feedback

rstites38829

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I love technology. It pains me that I have yet to fall in love with a smart watch. That's why I'm considering the G3. Here is my background so far.

I got a free G2 with the purchase of the S7 Active. I bought the $10 a month mobile package with the understanding that's I could "leave the phone at home" if I wanted. So I guess it's possible that it wasn't set up properly from the get go but I never could get the thing to work well at all other than with Bluetooth. I did enjoy being able to glance at .y watch for messages rather than pulling my phones front my pocket.

The other deal breaker for me was that I couldn't get threw the day on a charge. Buying a charger for the office, night stand, and vehicle to make sure I could keep a charge wasn't am option.

So on to the G3. If I knew that the battery was better, and that my cell calls/text would be forwarded correctly in the event I was away from my phone, I'd be very willing to purchase it with a plan.

Thoughts?

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I love technology. It pains me that I have yet to fall in love with a smart watch. That's why I'm considering the G3. Here is my background so far.

I got a free G2 with the purchase of the S7 Active. I bought the $10 a month mobile package with the understanding that's I could "leave the phone at home" if I wanted. So I guess it's possible that it wasn't set up properly from the get go but I never could get the thing to work well at all other than with Bluetooth. I did enjoy being able to glance at .y watch for messages rather than pulling my phones front my pocket.

The other deal breaker for me was that I couldn't get threw the day on a charge. Buying a charger for the office, night stand, and vehicle to make sure I could keep a charge wasn't am option.

So on to the G3. If I knew that the battery was better, and that my cell calls/text would be forwarded correctly in the event I was away from my phone, I'd be very willing to purchase it with a plan.

Thoughts?

I bought mine hoping that it would replace the need for me to wear a chest strap for my heartrate monitor. As far as workout tracking, the S3 sucks if you are doing anything more than walking. I almost returned it because of how off the heartrate was compared to my chest strap but....I love having the notifications on the watch so I never have to pull out my phone. I do wish it had Google Voice for replying to texts. One thing I thought I wouldn't care for was the sleep tracking, but I love it now that I have it. Spotify is nice, but would be better if there was an offline mode.

Battery life: I get a good solid 2 days on it and that is using an animated watch face. I have gotten 3 days or so using a more simple watch face.

So for me, it is definitely worth it and I don't regret keeping it at all :)

audscott

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I just bought my second bluetooth Frontier (for my wife). I had the fitbit charge HR, Garmin Forerunner 235 & Garmin vivoactive HR. After 6 weeks the S3 Frontier is still my favorite watch.

I get 3 solid days (no LTE, of course) on battery. The times when the better seemed to drain faster (say 10% in 3-4 hours), I restart and it clears up the issue.

My needs are simple: Count steps, track HR, GPS tracking, quick access to S Health (on watch or phone), lock the display when not in use, look at messages and caller ID, tracks a number or cardio activities (running, walking and elliptical fit my needs) and tells time (who knew?!?)

The S3 bests each of my previous devices in tracking steps and HR. I compared to Garmin ant+ HR strap and it tracks quite well. Less detailed, which I suppose would be expected with a wrist based sensor.

Anyway, I just had to post my thoughts because I have become quite attached to the watch.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The S3 will have no problem with either of the issues you're concerned about. I never carry a smartphone. So on my S3, LTE is always on and the display is always on. So long as I'm in an area with a strong cellular signal, the battery will last a full 12-18 hour day of a few dozen notifications and ~30 minutes of talk.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I have the BT Frontier and LOVE it. I've been a watch guy for 30+ years and I now only wear my S3. I even sold my G-Shock collection since I never wore them anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173