Google music... yes or no

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you able to use Google music thru the watch while not hooked to phone thru Bluetooth, you know while jogging and phone is home., think they call it stand alone mode??

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to use Google music thru the watch while not hooked to phone thru Bluetooth, you know while jogging and phone is home., think they call it stand alone mode??

Not with Google Music. You can store music on your S3 and play it through the speaker or a BT device connected to your S3.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in this thread as I am thinking about getting a gear s3 to pair with my S7. Not being able to work with GPM would be a deal breaker for me.

One option I am reading about is using an app called Musicmate to automatically keep your chosen GPM playlist or songs in sync to any other music player on your phone (eg Samsung Music Player). They are saying this then can be synced to your Samsung Watch.

Has anyone with an S3 tried this out? Does it work? The goal here would be to have the playlist in your watch play completely autonomously from your phone.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in this thread as I am thinking about getting a gear s3 to pair with my S7. Not being able to work with GPM would be a deal breaker for me.

One option I am reading about is using an app called Musicmate to automatically keep your chosen GPM playlist or songs in sync to any other music player on your phone (eg Samsung Music Player). They are saying this then can be synced to your Samsung Watch.

Has anyone with an S3 tried this out? Does it work? The goal here would be to have the playlist in your watch play completely autonomously from your phone.
So I use Spotify in addition to GPM so I don't really need this, but I figured I would give it a shot. I can confirm that it works. Downloaded an album from GPM by using music mate and then transferred the tracks to my Gear S3 using the gear manager. It then was able to play independently of the phone. Hope this helps!

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
So I use Spotify in addition to GPM so I don't really need this, but I figured I would give it a shot. I can confirm that it works. Downloaded an album from GPM by using music mate and then transferred the tracks to my Gear S3 using the gear manager. It then was able to play independently of the phone. Hope this helps!
Awesome. Thanks for reporting back. I think that would be a great workaround for me.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Worked perfect!! Was able to install the app on phone and selected play lists from my Google Play Lists rather than albums etc. Songs transferred over to my Gear S3 Frontier LTE VZW. Had to reboot the gear then all songs appeared on Gear!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma