Are you able to use Google music thru the watch while not hooked to phone thru Bluetooth, you know while jogging and phone is home., think they call it stand alone mode??
    06-18-2017 05:34 PM
    Nope you can't. You have to use Spotify for that
    06-18-2017 05:38 PM
    Are you able to use Google music thru the watch while not hooked to phone thru Bluetooth, you know while jogging and phone is home., think they call it stand alone mode??
    Not with Google Music. You can store music on your S3 and play it through the speaker or a BT device connected to your S3.
    06-19-2017 08:51 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I was hoping with data connection we would be able to stream Google music. Spotify direct rate very well, but might give it a try.
    06-19-2017 08:53 AM
    with the new default of Google play music on the S8...might this change?
    07-09-2017 03:48 PM
    hope so. won't touch the S3 without Google Play integration (Or at least music)
    07-09-2017 04:39 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Google wants people to go with Android Wear. Luckily for me, I've got both accounts.
    07-09-2017 07:31 PM
    I'm interested in this thread as I am thinking about getting a gear s3 to pair with my S7. Not being able to work with GPM would be a deal breaker for me.

One option I am reading about is using an app called Musicmate to automatically keep your chosen GPM playlist or songs in sync to any other music player on your phone (eg Samsung Music Player). They are saying this then can be synced to your Samsung Watch.

Has anyone with an S3 tried this out? Does it work? The goal here would be to have the playlist in your watch play completely autonomously from your phone.
    07-11-2017 12:02 AM
    I'm interested in this thread as I am thinking about getting a gear s3 to pair with my S7. Not being able to work with GPM would be a deal breaker for me.

One option I am reading about is using an app called Musicmate to automatically keep your chosen GPM playlist or songs in sync to any other music player on your phone (eg Samsung Music Player). They are saying this then can be synced to your Samsung Watch.

Has anyone with an S3 tried this out? Does it work? The goal here would be to have the playlist in your watch play completely autonomously from your phone.
    So I use Spotify in addition to GPM so I don't really need this, but I figured I would give it a shot. I can confirm that it works. Downloaded an album from GPM by using music mate and then transferred the tracks to my Gear S3 using the gear manager. It then was able to play independently of the phone. Hope this helps!
    07-16-2017 10:19 AM
    So I use Spotify in addition to GPM so I don't really need this, but I figured I would give it a shot. I can confirm that it works. Downloaded an album from GPM by using music mate and then transferred the tracks to my Gear S3 using the gear manager. It then was able to play independently of the phone. Hope this helps!
    Awesome. Thanks for reporting back. I think that would be a great workaround for me.
    07-16-2017 10:46 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for reporting back. I think that would be a great workaround for me.
    No problem! Enjoy your watch. I'm sure you'll love it.
    07-16-2017 10:54 AM
    Worked perfect!! Was able to install the app on phone and selected play lists from my Google Play Lists rather than albums etc. Songs transferred over to my Gear S3 Frontier LTE VZW. Had to reboot the gear then all songs appeared on Gear!
    02-06-2018 11:45 AM