Samsun Pay does not work with more than one watch

LuckieG

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I have two gear S3 watches, I can pair both to my S8 plus. The problem is setting up Samsung pay to use and work with two different Gear watches on the same phone, and use the same debit card. 1) both watches are to use the same debit cards. 2) One watch ("A") is active and linked to the phone. 3) setup the debit card on the phone for watch "A" using Samsung pay--all is fine to this point. On the watch SP works fine.

Now the problem: Turn off watch "A" and turn on watch "B", link "B" to the phone, proceed to setup SP. The first thing that happens is the previous working debit card is deleted and I,m prompted to re-setup the same debit card that was deleted. Now it's working for phone"B" just fine. Samsung Pay (SP) no longer works on phone "A" and will need to be setup again. Samsung Pay can't work with two gear S3 watches on the same phone. SP can only have one setup per phone, and each time you turn on a 2nd gear S3 watch, the exsisting SP setup is deleted. Why would anyone have a 2nd Gear S3 watch which will not be able to function correctly.

How does one setup two Gear S3 watches to work with Samsung Pay on the same phone? This is a MAJOR PROBLEM and needs to be addressed.

LuckieG

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
The only way I could get Samsung pay to work on two watches was to first link watch "A" to the phone. Setup Samsung Pay (SP) on watch "A", adding two debit cards. Then turn off "Bluetooth" on the watch, so the watch does not link with the phone anymore. You might ask why have the 2nd watch at all if it's not linked to the phone, and that is the 64 dollar question I keep asking myself.

Turn off watch "A". Turn on watch "B",proceed to setup SP in the normal way (at this point all the debit cards used for watch "A" will have be deleted). Re-install the debit cards again (this madness---nuts). Now Samsung pay will work on both watches, but one watch no longer links to the phone--no incoming calls, no text messages, no email, but you have SP working.

Samsung are you listening...... This needs to get corrected....

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This is still the case, today. Had Samsung Pay set-up on a Gear Sport. Get a new Gear S3 and try to set-up SP and have to delete it from the Sport, in order to do so on the S3. Maddening.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, just for the heck of it, I got on CHAT with Samsung "Tech Support". I explained this situation. The "tech" assured me that I should be able to pair both watches and use Sam Pay on both. I asked if he could email me the instructions to do exactly that. He assured me that he would email me the instructions to do exactly that, in "about two hours".
Believe it, or not, that email did not arrive.

ETA, well, I tried Samsung Chat again today and got a different answer.
"You need to configure the Samsung pay daily because it will reset because when you set up on different watch."
At least that guy admitted the shortcoming.

Last edited: