S3 Gear integration with Myfitnesspal

DLW3555

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
After using a Fitbit for 3 yrs I made the switch to the new Galaxy S3 Gear. There are a lot of features I like .. but the lack of direct integration between the S3 Gear and Myfitnesspal has me questioning my switch.

Some have had a little luck connecting through other apps, though it tends to be "off and on" connectivity. You would think two large companies like this could work out a "working integration".

Anyone heard of any progress in a working connection?

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I cannot get my S3 to sync steps with MyFitnessPal. is there another app I need? I add food but manually have to add exercise. my Fitbit stopped syncing steps too. I still use the One

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get my S3 to sync steps with MyFitnessPal. is there another app I need? I add food but manually have to add exercise. my Fitbit stopped syncing steps too. I still use the One

connect the two through samsung health and vice versa

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
that is exactly what I have done.it syncs food but not steps.

Have you opened Samsung Health on your phone and waited for the data from your Gear S3 to sync to your phone? Then open the MFP app on your phone and give it a few seconds to sync. In SH, have you set the app to track your steps via the S3?

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have done all of that. Food and water sync but steps. I have my Fit Bit One connected and that doesn't sync either. I will keep playing with it.

Thanks

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
My Gear Fit 2 with S - Health is not syncing steps to My Fitness Pal as well. Saw where some other people were complaining about it also.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The error I get when I go to steps is "We were unable to connect to the server to synchronize. I enter them manually from Samsung Health at the end of the day.0

I don't know what the work around is. Every sees each other in both apps.

cricenog

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I use UA Record for steps and workout as I like the workout tracking, but I've had issues with the step sync, for some reason they never match the Samsung Health steps, and often I have to disconnect and reconnect to have anything sync at all, does My Fitness Pal work better? Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks,

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
MyFitnessPal Troubleshooting has a page with bug lists and https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1824975-known-issues-integration-partners it does indicate a problem with syncing steps from S-Health. Frustratingly, on my new S3 Classic, it WORKED and I got a calorie adjustment Friday - but not Saturday! Not sure I changed anything - I've tried to expunge the old FitBit app from before my new watch from my new phone, my laptop etc. - turned on all the sync/permissions stuff. But I'd just live with the bug if it didn't work one day, not the next! Other than that, I love the watch - I get so much work email on it, I have to charge it every night but who cares - it's easy and I do the same with my phone;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance