Question Gear S3 Samsung Pay rewards / non Samsung phone

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I know the Gear S3 can be a stand alone device a d Samsung Pay works on it. Currently I have the 8+. Question is if I ended up going to a non Samsung phone, WHICH I know most pair with the watch, how would I be able to check samsung pay rewards and redeem points on the Gear S3 if the phone is NON samsung? I like the LG V20 quite a bit and may move to that if I'm not happy with the next Note design/procing/etc.

HWM Merlin

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
There is a section with in the Samsung gear app that you would check it. I had to use it when I had the Note Edge and the Samsung Pay app wasn't available for it. It works fine, however I noticed that I was unable to earn the bonus points through the watch. For example, when I first got my S8+ and they had the promotion going on that you got so many bonus points for using Samsung pay, you had to use the phone, it didn't register it as a purchase if I just used the watch. So if it took five to get the 300 point bonus, I would get the normal ten points for the purchase, but I wouldn't get credit for one of the five purchases if I used the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay