Question about Samsung gear 3

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys
Looking to switch over to note 8 from apple and the iwatch.
Being a fitness person I would prefer an watch that is water proof and takes my heart rate and tells me calories burned in particular during weight lifting workouts. Does this do that or do I need a 3rd party app for this?
Thank you!

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes but don't count on perfect accuracy. It'll track workouts, runs, biking, etc. But the calories and distance can be inconsistent.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
With regard to your comment about waterproofing. The Apple watch is designed to withstand the rigors of swimming. The Gear S3 is only rated for minimal submersion. If this attribute is important to you, then you may want to consider the Gear Sport.

Mattman86

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
With regard to your comment about waterproofing. The Apple watch is designed to withstand the rigors of swimming. The Gear S3 is only rated for minimal submersion. If this attribute is important to you, then you may want to consider the Gear Sport.

FWIW, I've gone swimming tons of times with my S3 Frontier and haven't had any problems at all.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, I've gone swimming tons of times with my S3 Frontier and haven't had any problems at all.

Really? Are you swimming in a pool? I keep reading that Samsung's IP68 rating doesn't apply to chlorinated water, so I've avoided taking mine into the pool. Perhaps I'm getting my info from unreliable sources.

Mattman86

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
Really? Are you swimming in a pool? I keep reading that Samsung's IP68 rating doesn't apply to chlorinated water, so I've avoided taking mine into the pool. Perhaps I'm getting my info from unreliable sources.

Yes, just the pool at my local rec center and some friends pools.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Been "swimming" with mine all summer, but I'm swimming with my kids, so I'm usually holding them in that arm near the surface of the water. When I'm planning on really swimming I take it off, but that's more because I don't feel like taking the chance of drowning $300 than a realistic assessment of the risks. So, chlorine hasn't seemed to affect it, but chlorine AND pressure I haven't tested that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781