Issues with T-Mobile/ Gear S3 call forwarding.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I recently bought a Note 8 and Gear S3 Frontier LTE and when I'm disconnected from my phone I keep getting an error saying calls not being forwarded. I have call forwarding turned on on the watch and phone along with my watch being set up in DIGITS. I even tried turning off call forwarding and letting DIGITS handle it, but still no luck. I can send a text and it works, but phone calls just sit there saying "dialing" until it says call ended.

Anyone have a similar issue and find a solution?

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been running Digits since it was in beta and I had many issues during that time period. I stopped having connection issues and duplicate text alerts after I was asked if I was running my watch in standalone mode. After turning off the Bluetooth on my watch and phone alerts came as they should. I was told that this is the way it was intended and it confuses things to go back and forth between standalone and Bluetooth. Hope this helps if not I'd call in to see if things are set up correctly on T-Mobiles side.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
How does your battery life hold up when running LTE all day?

Not great. I get a day out if it if I am just having a regular work day and I am going home. Even if I turn on the location that evening and have a bike ride or workout I am still ok.

If it is a day like today when I have some running around to do and know I will be out late I know it won't make it. I charge it during my last hour of work while at my desk and I am good for a long night.

But I keep Wi-Fi, location and other connections off that I do not need as well until I need them.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna give it a shot with LTE and location on just to get a read on battery life. I went back to T-Mobile and he said with DIGITS you can't have call forwarding on in the gear app. So, we'll see if that helps.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Well so much for that. Worked perfect in the T-Mobile store now it's not forwarding calls or making out going calls when not connected to the phone through BT.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Called T-Mobile and went through every solution they could come up with and still nothing. They had to create a trouble ticket to further look into the problem.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's just at my house. I messed with it at work today and it worked fine. When I got home I tried again and it wouldn't work. I had more bars on the watch at home than at work so it doesn't really make sense. The only thing I can guess is that it has something to do with what band it's on.

anon(463177)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's just at my house. I messed with it at work today and it worked fine. When I got home I tried again and it wouldn't work. I had more bars on the watch at home than at work so it doesn't really make sense. The only thing I can guess is that it has something to do with what band it's on.

Got mine a couple of days ago and had similar problems. I have a separate watch line. Essentially it took text on the watch line but would not call out or receive. (Will on BT) Had the tech guys play with it (they thought it was a line issue) and they put a ticket in, which doesn't fix it. I thought I could bypass the problem with the line using DIGITS but nope. Turns out (according to the DIGITS guru) its a sim card problem so they are exchanging the watch. Not an impressive first start but I'm hopeful it'll get better. Hopefully...

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue, sorta. In standalone mode, I can make outgoing calls/text from the S3, but I don't get anything from my phone, nothing is being forwarded to my S3 from my phone. This just started happening in the last week and I am not sure what caused it.

anon(463177)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The engineering guys are working it. Seems kinda hit and miss for being such a high speed watch. 4 days and 2 watches and it still isn't doing what it's supposed to do.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, went through and tested the following settings.

Standalone Mode connected to Tmobile: I get no incoming texts/calls from my phone.

Wifi only Remote Connected: I get texts (still no notification "sound" w/Textra), but don't get incoming calls (it rings on my phone, but not my S3).

Bluetooth Connected: All works as it should except the notification sound for Textra, "sound" still not coming through.

So does anyone know what is going on? Is it an issue with my Standalone Mode or is it something messed up in my settings? I usually have: Bluetooth>On, Wifi>Auto, Mobile Network>Auto, GPS>Always On.

I did a hard reset last night before I tried all these settings. There is a warranty replacement on the way, but I am just wondering what is causing it.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Seems like it's something network related. If you're setup with DIGITS make sure you have call forwarding turned off in the gear app. I hear that can cause issues.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems like it's something network related. If you're setup with DIGITS make sure you have call forwarding turned off in the gear app. I hear that can cause issues.

When I did a hard reset I made sure that was turned off. Well... hopefully the replacent will fix it, if not I will be canceling the 4G service on it. No sense in paying $10/mo for something that won't work lol. The lack of sound on my Textra notifications is annoying.. still can't figure out why that stopped working :(

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So you get the notification just not the sound? I have my watch set to vibrate so I haven't experienced anything like that.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So you get the notification just not the sound? I have my watch set to vibrate so I haven't experienced anything like that.

Yes. I have mine set to sound and vibrate for my notifications. All of a sudden Textra will vibrate, but doesn't make a sound. I tested the stock messaging app and it works fine :\