I'm playing music on my phone and every time I walk away out of Bluetooth range with my Gear s3, my Note 8 stops playing music. I've searched through all the settings I can think of but the only solution I've found is to disconnect Bluetooth myself and id rather keep it on so I can still control playback from my watch when I walk back into the room. Anyone else have this problem or know a fix?
    09-27-2017 02:53 PM
    I'm playing music on my phone and every time I walk away out of Bluetooth range with my Gear s3, my Note 8 stops playing music. I've searched through all the settings I can think of but the only solution I've found is to disconnect Bluetooth myself and id rather keep it on so I can still control playback from my watch when I walk back into the room. Anyone else have this problem or know a fix?
    Welcome.

I'll move your post to the Gear S3 forum.
    09-27-2017 03:55 PM
    Did you ever find an answer to this? I have the same problem and it drives me CRAZY!!!
    11-28-2017 10:24 AM
    I seriously despise this as well. Please give us a solution Samsung/Pandora
    11-29-2017 02:35 PM
    Same problem... :x
    12-21-2017 07:17 PM
    If the phone is set up to be controlled by the S3, and the S3 goes out of range, there's no longer any control of whatever app was being controlled by the S3, so there are 2 choices - the app can continue to run uncontrolled, or it can stop until the S3 comes back into range. Samsung chose the latter, because, for some apps, it makes more sense and for others it makes no difference (as in Pandora). There's no "fix", the apps are designed to work that way. (If the app lost connection with the phone when you were just playing music on the phone with no S3, you'd never be able to shut the music off without shutting the phone off - and that wouldn't be acceptable to most people.)
    12-23-2017 12:23 PM
    Same exact problem! Note 8 and Gear S3 Frontier. Leaving my phone upstairs while wearing my Gear S3 I have Pandora playing, then go downstairs to get something from the kitchen whereas the Bluetooth disconnects and Pandora shuts off!!! This REALLY irritates the HELL out of me! There must be some kind of work around, aside from disabling Bluetooth! I want it to reconnect as soon as I'm within range again. Come on! With all the smart geeks out there somebody has to be smart enough to figure this out! Obviously I'm not the only one!
    02-21-2018 03:57 PM