Firmware Update Gear S3

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Find me an update without the mixed feedback. It is always the same... Blah Blah Blah .0 killed my device. It ruined my battery. Every update, every device.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This! Given the mixed feedback on this forum, I'm in no rush.
Same here. I may never update. The change list has only a couple items I think might be marginal improvements and the stability and battery life of mine now (LTE Verizon) is off the charts! 2 days easy.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
A few posts back some LTE folks did say they got it.
Yeah as I suspected, Samsung has yet to release LTE updates to carriers as of today.

This is a list of yet to be released firmware updates.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/help/tizen-3-0-gear-s3-verizon-connected-to-t3709418
22d9583e00a3e2bc8b2044048ebb9a9d.jpg

Last edited:

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Got the update this morning (att) although I've only had it for maybe 2 hours now, my battery life is somehow 1000x better! No factory reset or anything. To be fair though, I was one of the people who had had absolutely terrible battery life since day 1. I've had to charge my watch every single night because I've never had more than 50% remaining by the time I go to bed.

I noticed right after the update I had 61% (I looked cause I was sure updating on the fly would kill my watch before I got home tonight) but here I am 2 hours later at 60%!

This is awesome! Fingers crossed this is the new norm for my battery life.
How did you get updated to 3.0 when Samsung hasn't release the firmware to carriers yet? To be clear, you have an ATT LTE versions Gear S3, correct.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
How did you get updated to 3.0 when Samsung hasn't release the firmware to carriers yet? To be clear, you have an ATT LTE versions Gear S3, correct.
What are you talking about? This entire post is filled with people who have received the update...

And I'm on att not the LTE one. Just the standard watch.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
When you say you're on ATT and your ATT S3 was updated EVERYBODY assumed you meant the LTE version considering carriers only sell LTE versions.

So yeah, no one with an LTE version has yet to receive the update.

convergent

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
What are you talking about? This entire post is filled with people who have received the update...

And I'm on att not the LTE one. Just the standard watch.
If you bought the watch at AT&T, I believe it's LTE. If you bought it elsewhere it's not. Where did you buy the watch?

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
When you say you're on ATT and your ATT S3 was updated EVERYBODY assumed you meant the LTE version considering carriers only sell LTE versions.

Everyone? Really? Seems like just you. Myself and many other people said we got the update on att. Nowhere did we mention LTE. But for some reason, you chose to attack my post.

I specified what carrier Im on.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I agreed with you.

I assumed that he had the "AT&T LTE version of the S3 Gear" and when he mentioned he got the "update" I assumed he got the AT&T LTE firmware update...

I have the T-Mobile version, (yes LTE version, since they only sell the carrier LTE version) and did not get any update yet.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Everyone? Really? Seems like just you. Myself and many other people said we got the update on att. Nowhere did we mention LTE. But for some reason, you chose to attack my post.

I specified what carrier Im on.

Yeah, pretty much everyone. When someone states they're on ATT or whatever carrier, then they're referring to the S3 they bought from the carrier, which is the LTE version. The Bluetooth models are independent of the carriers and play no part in which carrier you use for your cellular usage.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, pretty much everyone. When someone states they're on ATT or whatever carrier, then they're referring to the S3 they bought from the carrier, which is the LTE version. The Bluetooth models are independent of the carriers and play no part in which carrier you use for your cellular usage.
I see. So who sends out the update?

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
In reading the above catfight it appears I did not get the update as I'm Verizon LTE. However, I found when I factory reset my watch it clearly remedied a couple of problems I was having.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12