"sweep back" missing in 3.0 ?

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not quite sure if this is what it is called but before 3.0 you could be in any screen or application and instead of hitting the home button you could simply swipe down on the screen to return home (or the main watch face).

Anyone notice this? Am I missing something in the settings?

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
YES!! SOOOO Annoying. That's pretty major change and hopefully there's a way to GO BACK without hitting the button. I'm hoping someone finds out how to change this back to the way it was. Or, I'd honestly rather roll back if that's even possible.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
It is a major change. Some people maybe even most might think it's nothing but I can't understand why they remove that gesture.
I would not roll back over it though. The software experience far outweighs this. So many added fitness and nutrition features. The watch is much more snappier as well.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't wear watches on my right wrist it might not be as annoying but I do, and it is. I probably won't roll back, but I'm holding out hope that in the settings somewhere there's the ability to re-enable this. Or is there some new better way to go back a screen now?

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't take this wrong but, what's so wrong with hitting the physical button rather than a swipe?? I've always used the home button & it just feels natural... I know everyone has their preference, is there something I'm missing or?

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually that's a very fair question. What happen is for me personally just got used to it not having to reach for the button just swipe down from the screen I'm in and just be back home.
Not a deal-breaker at all. Just an extra step for those who were using that feature. Not sure why they would remove it.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't take this wrong but, what's so wrong with hitting the physical button rather than a swipe?? I've always used the home button & it just feels natural... I know everyone has their preference, is there something I'm missing or?

I could see where it might be easier for the right wrist wearers. Personally, I never used the feature, but I'm a left wrist wearer.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
True.. I am a lefty & I do wear it on my right, probably why I feel like the button is so easy to use. Never thought of that! Finally an advantage for us!!! Haha!