Disabling Gear S3 Frontier Screen Lock

firemanbif

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Searched Google and the forums and I can't find an answer. Is there a way to completely disable the auto lock function on the Gear S3 Frontier?? I have gone to Settings, Security, Gear Lock, Type, Entered my PIN, and then when I scroll down to None, it is grayed out an won't let me select it. Also, if I go into Use For, Payments only is grayed out. What exactly am I missing? I hate that it will auto lock during the night while sleeping, and I don't need it to lock when I take it off.

Any help is appreciated!

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The lock feature should only be enabled when SP has been turned on, unless the last update requires it. Could you reset the S3 and set it up again, then let us know the outcome?

As far as at night, don't you put it in Do Not Disturb? When I'm sleeping, I want the screen locked so it's not constantly coming on shining in my face.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You half to go into settings and select security then payments only other wise the watch always locks
065628369be346d67761b5ee62f44aaf.jpg

Matt Drebing

Jun 17, 2019
Visit site
Kind of a late reply but I figured it out on my frontier. It was because I had my work email on my phone which was a Microsoft exchange account that I guess had special security precautions but once I deleted it my frontier allowed me to disable the screen lock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge