Why my watch will not fully charge.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My s3 gear is about 6 months old. Now it will only charge to about 75% on overnight charge. If I remove it from the cradle ad put it back on it will charge some more. What is the problem?

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges to 100% but once it's fully charged it seems software kicks in and stops the charging process. The watch will over time discharge to maybe 90% and stays there until I reseat it on the charger. I believe this is a safety precaution.

These watches charge to 100% rather quickly so maybe leaving on the charger overnight isn't recommend.

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Mine charges to 100% but once it's fully charged it seems software kicks in and stops the charging process. The watch will over time discharge to maybe 90% and stays there until I reseat it on the charger. I believe this is a safety precaution.

These watches charge to 100% rather quickly so maybe leaving on the charger overnight isn't recommend.

I agree. I never charge my S3 any longer than I have too. Another thing to note - do not ever put the watch on wireless charger meant for a phone. I made that mistake once and almost fried my frontier. Luckily, the over-charge function kicked in and shut the watch down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair