Verizon update gear S3

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Got a notification that a software update is available. I'm not really sure if I should download it cause of all the battery drain issues. If anyone is brave enough let me know if it's affecting batt life.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Got a notification that a software update is available. I'm not really sure if I should download it cause of all the battery drain issues. If anyone is brave enough let me know if it's affecting batt life.
I heard the most recent patch actually fixes the battery issues.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I heard the most recent patch actually fixes the battery issues.

Went ahead and did the update on my Verizon S3. It is Tizen version 3.0.1 which assuming the original roll out was 3.0.0 would indicate a newer patched version hopefully. Will watch it to see how battery life looks.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
took the update this am. Performed a RESET on my Gear. BIG issue i am having is that my Endomondo App ( I use this ALL the time) want get past the green startup/splash screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled it sticks at the same point. UGH!

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Saga continues :) Performed thee total Factory resets per VZW techs and multiple check this setting and this setting. I am only able to run the watch in Bluetooth or StandAlone mode. Cannot Remotely Connect anymore. :(

VZW says sorry we have done all we can call Samsung.......
Samsung wants to know if there is any physical or water damage. I keep telling them that the watch worked perfect until the upgrade :)
Samsung wants me to send in the watch for "repair". No love no watch for who knows how long. UGH!!

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Saga continues :) Performed thee total Factory resets per VZW techs and multiple check this setting and this setting. I am only able to run the watch in Bluetooth or StandAlone mode. Cannot Remotely Connect anymore. :(

VZW says sorry we have done all we can call Samsung.......
Samsung wants to know if there is any physical or water damage. I keep telling them that the watch worked perfect until the upgrade :)
Samsung wants me to send in the watch for "repair". No love no watch for who knows how long. UGH!!

That's should fall into a warranty issue. My first Gear S3 Samsung pay wouldn't let me add cards. I told them I want another one. They let me return it and get a new one.

dmits

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Installed this morning and my battery is still going strong. I love the new things added with 3.0.1. Everything works great except that I can't make or receive calls cause it is connected to a Pixel 2xl and its Bluetooth problem. But it does connect remotely and then I make and receive calls and also standalone works great.

monkey28rb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone on here have the $5 connected watch plan with numbershare? If so can you find me the plan code by chatting with Verizon?

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Installed mine yesterday. Seems to be getting the same battery life as the last version (2.5-3 days). I use it to track workouts and get most of my notifications from it. So far I'm pretty happy and the update seems pretty stable overall.

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Went all day yesterday without any major battery drain. Even turned on the continuous heart rate monitoring in the afternoon and with doing the upgrade in the morning still had about the same battery level when I went to bed as I have in the past. Update seems good so far for me.

took the update this am. Performed a RESET on my Gear. BIG issue i am having is that my Endomondo App ( I use this ALL the time) want get past the green startup/splash screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled it sticks at the same point. UGH!
I use the endomondo app and hadn't actually tried it since the upgrade but did so after reading your message and it loaded up just fine and was able to start/run/end/save a workout without any problems so this isn't an app/update issue. Hope you get it figured out.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
so I updated,and noticed a small hit in batt life. Not as bad as some others have experienced but it's still disappointing. I would say it's about a 8-10% difference depending on usage..

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
so I updated,and noticed a small hit in batt life. Not as bad as some others have experienced but it's still disappointing. I would say it's about a 8-10% difference depending on usage..

I thought at first it was about the same but now I see the same hit too. I used to get three days no problem. I'd charge up every other evening but now I'm seeing two days max. I guess it's not as bad as others have experienced.

For instance, I used to charge to 100% right before bed. When I woke up the next morning it would be at 95-96%. Now I do the same thing and wake up with 89-90%.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the process of downloading it now. I usually charge my watch every night because getting through 2 full days with my usage is kinda hard so if I have a little extra drain it shouldn't matter.

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Battery life has been crazy good for me since the update.

Did you factory reset afterwards? I'm seeing about 10% more battery drop...

EDIT: I did a factory reset last night and charged the watch to 100%. As usual, woke up this morning and it is at 89% (before the update it would be at 96%)

Last edited:

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Did you factory reset afterwards? I'm seeing about 10% more battery drop...

EDIT: I did a factory reset last night and charged the watch to 100%. As usual, woke up this morning and it is at 89% (before the update it would be at 96%)

I did not do a reset. I'll report back in a couple days and let you know how the battery situation is looking.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my VZW update yesterday morning. I normally place my watch on the charger in the morning while I get ready to go to work and lose 3%-4% per day and then every week or so it gets low enough that I put it on the charger overnight. Then comes the VZW update. Updated yesterday morning with 87% battery. Completed with 80% battery. I watched it throughout the day and was not sure I would make it and finally by 9:30 I was at either 3% or 5%, didn't have on my readers so wasn't sure. I was certain that it was single digits. Re-started again and put on the charger overnight and donned it again this morning. 100% headed toward the door at 7:00, at 9:00 we were at 87%. I knuckled down and did the hail mary and did a factory reset. We will see if that helps out. Before the factory reset, things seemed normal, but after they seem a bit snappier. Could be real, could be imagination, but it seemed that way.

We shall see....

BigRedGonzo

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I may end up doing a reset too.... All I really care about is getting through the day, but I want this thing to charge fully overnight. No reason it shouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC