01-25-2018 09:25 PM
29 12
tools
    Got a notification that a software update is available. I'm not really sure if I should download it cause of all the battery drain issues. If anyone is brave enough let me know if it's affecting batt life.
    01-08-2018 08:01 AM
    Got a notification that a software update is available. I'm not really sure if I should download it cause of all the battery drain issues. If anyone is brave enough let me know if it's affecting batt life.
    I heard the most recent patch actually fixes the battery issues.
    01-08-2018 08:02 AM
    I heard the most recent patch actually fixes the battery issues.
    Went ahead and did the update on my Verizon S3. It is Tizen version 3.0.1 which assuming the original roll out was 3.0.0 would indicate a newer patched version hopefully. Will watch it to see how battery life looks.
    ZOMMBIE1 likes this.
    01-08-2018 10:20 AM
    took the update this am. Performed a RESET on my Gear. BIG issue i am having is that my Endomondo App ( I use this ALL the time) want get past the green startup/splash screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled it sticks at the same point. UGH!
    01-08-2018 11:57 AM
    Saga continues Performed thee total Factory resets per VZW techs and multiple check this setting and this setting. I am only able to run the watch in Bluetooth or StandAlone mode. Cannot Remotely Connect anymore.

VZW says sorry we have done all we can call Samsung.......
    Samsung wants to know if there is any physical or water damage. I keep telling them that the watch worked perfect until the upgrade
    Samsung wants me to send in the watch for "repair". No love no watch for who knows how long. UGH!!
    01-08-2018 01:37 PM
    Saga continues Performed thee total Factory resets per VZW techs and multiple check this setting and this setting. I am only able to run the watch in Bluetooth or StandAlone mode. Cannot Remotely Connect anymore.

Samsung wants to know if there is any physical or water damage. I keep telling them that the watch worked perfect until the upgrade
    Samsung wants me to send in the watch for "repair". No love no watch for who knows how long. UGH!!
    That's should fall into a warranty issue. My first Gear S3 Samsung pay wouldn't let me add cards. I told them I want another one. They let me return it and get a new one.
    01-08-2018 03:25 PM
    Installed this morning and my battery is still going strong. I love the new things added with 3.0.1. Everything works great except that I can't make or receive calls cause it is connected to a Pixel 2xl and its Bluetooth problem. But it does connect remotely and then I make and receive calls and also standalone works great.
    11B1P likes this.
    01-08-2018 03:54 PM
    Does anyone on here have the $5 connected watch plan with numbershare? If so can you find me the plan code by chatting with Verizon?
    01-09-2018 09:37 AM
    Does anyone on here have the $5 connected watch plan with numbershare? If so can you find me the plan code by chatting with Verizon?
    I lost my 5$ connect device plan when I upgraded my GS2 to the Gear S3. It says it's 10$ now 👎
    01-09-2018 10:20 AM
    Installed mine yesterday. Seems to be getting the same battery life as the last version (2.5-3 days). I use it to track workouts and get most of my notifications from it. So far I'm pretty happy and the update seems pretty stable overall.
    11B1P likes this.
    01-09-2018 11:12 AM
    Went all day yesterday without any major battery drain. Even turned on the continuous heart rate monitoring in the afternoon and with doing the upgrade in the morning still had about the same battery level when I went to bed as I have in the past. Update seems good so far for me.

took the update this am. Performed a RESET on my Gear. BIG issue i am having is that my Endomondo App ( I use this ALL the time) want get past the green startup/splash screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled it sticks at the same point. UGH!
    I use the endomondo app and hadn't actually tried it since the upgrade but did so after reading your message and it loaded up just fine and was able to start/run/end/save a workout without any problems so this isn't an app/update issue. Hope you get it figured out.
    11B1P and castone001 like this.
    01-09-2018 11:16 AM
    so I updated,and noticed a small hit in batt life. Not as bad as some others have experienced but it's still disappointing. I would say it's about a 8-10% difference depending on usage..
    01-10-2018 07:49 AM
    so I updated,and noticed a small hit in batt life. Not as bad as some others have experienced but it's still disappointing. I would say it's about a 8-10% difference depending on usage..
    I thought at first it was about the same but now I see the same hit too. I used to get three days no problem. I'd charge up every other evening but now I'm seeing two days max. I guess it's not as bad as others have experienced.

For instance, I used to charge to 100% right before bed. When I woke up the next morning it would be at 95-96%. Now I do the same thing and wake up with 89-90%.
    01-10-2018 10:54 AM
    I'm in the process of downloading it now. I usually charge my watch every night because getting through 2 full days with my usage is kinda hard so if I have a little extra drain it shouldn't matter.
    01-11-2018 09:05 AM
    Battery life has been crazy good for me since the update.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon update gear S3-20180111_185708.jpg  
    11B1P likes this.
    01-11-2018 07:24 PM
    Did you factory reset afterwards? I'm seeing about 10% more battery drop...

EDIT: I did a factory reset last night and charged the watch to 100%. As usual, woke up this morning and it is at 89% (before the update it would be at 96%)
    01-11-2018 07:35 PM
    Wow! Mine is a 48% after 15hrs of use.
    01-11-2018 08:22 PM
    Did you factory reset afterwards? I'm seeing about 10% more battery drop...

EDIT: I did a factory reset last night and charged the watch to 100%. As usual, woke up this morning and it is at 89% (before the update it would be at 96%)
    I did not do a reset. I'll report back in a couple days and let you know how the battery situation is looking.
    01-12-2018 06:42 AM
    Got my VZW update yesterday morning. I normally place my watch on the charger in the morning while I get ready to go to work and lose 3%-4% per day and then every week or so it gets low enough that I put it on the charger overnight. Then comes the VZW update. Updated yesterday morning with 87% battery. Completed with 80% battery. I watched it throughout the day and was not sure I would make it and finally by 9:30 I was at either 3% or 5%, didn't have on my readers so wasn't sure. I was certain that it was single digits. Re-started again and put on the charger overnight and donned it again this morning. 100% headed toward the door at 7:00, at 9:00 we were at 87%. I knuckled down and did the hail mary and did a factory reset. We will see if that helps out. Before the factory reset, things seemed normal, but after they seem a bit snappier. Could be real, could be imagination, but it seemed that way.

We shall see....

BigRedGonzo
    01-12-2018 08:43 AM
    I may end up doing a reset too.... All I really care about is getting through the day, but I want this thing to charge fully overnight. No reason it shouldn't.
    11B1P likes this.
    01-12-2018 10:06 AM
    so after a week. I'm getting better battery life. I turned off the always option on the heart rate sensor and turned off the cycling and rowing auto workout detect and battery life has improved to just about how it was before Tizen 3.01
    01-14-2018 01:48 PM
    so after a week. I'm getting better battery life. I turned off the always option on the heart rate sensor and turned off the cycling and rowing auto workout detect and battery life has improved to just about how it was before Tizen 3.01
    I did a full factory reset and think I'm going to do the same - give it some time to see how it the battery life pans out. I think I'm getting back to the pre-3.0 battery life.

I've been on battery power for 1 day, 21 hours and I'm at 43%. It says I have 1 day, 2 hours remaining, so that is getting back close to the three days + I was used to.
    11B1P likes this.
    01-14-2018 03:31 PM
    My biggest thing is theat it doesn't charge to 100% anymore. It charges to around 94-96% and just says charging... but never goes beyond that. Still last all day, but it is kind of annoying.
    01-15-2018 07:48 AM

Make sure your not on an unlocked device. Vzw had to add hd calling and wifi crap to get mine to work properly. As long as everything is right on their end it works. If one is off it quits working for some reason.
    01-20-2018 09:10 AM
    Wow! Mine is a 48% after 15hrs of use.
    I have about the same life with mine after the upgrade. It is horrible. I am at like 48% left after 10 hours or so. Battery life is much worse. I would try a factory reset but I am wondering if it would make things worse. I am at Tizen version 3.0.0.1.
    01-20-2018 10:39 AM
29 12