Deleting email on gear s3 results in email being deleted from server

jjenkins334

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung email app in conjunction with gmail on my S7. When I delete an email on my gear s3, the email is also deleted from my S7 and from the gmail servers, meaning I lose the email. I find no settings that stop this behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did you find a way to preserve emails on the phone and server while removing them from the watch?

Mattman86

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
I believe that is the way it is designed to work. It does the same for text messages and when dismissing notifications.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung email app in conjunction with gmail on my S7. When I delete an email on my gear s3, the email is also deleted from my S7 and from the gmail servers, meaning I lose the email. I find no settings that stop this behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did you find a way to preserve emails on the phone and server while removing them from the watch?
That's how it's supposed to work. It gives you direct control of your email.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe your issue lies on your phone and not on your S3. There is a setting on your phone mail app that tells it to either leave the email on the server or to delete it when you delete it on your phone. (At least all the mail apps that I have tried work that way.) You can change that setting and it should remove the mail from your phone, but not from the server. You will more than likely have to make that change for each mail account that you have set up. The problem with this is, you have to delete them again when you get to your computer. Of course, if that is how you want it then by all means do it. The setting is usually associated with the settings for the incoming server. I used to keep my mail app set that way and over the years have begun getting so much junk mail, I have changed it so that deleting them on the phone gets rid of them everywhere. All my accounts are IMAP, so if I need to get one back, it is still there. Anyway, good luck.

BigRedGonzo

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

If you wish to keep the email, clear the notification from your watch as opposed to choosing delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax